I am the 1 in 5....

The Car Dealer should put that in writing and their name, address and source of that information on 1.6 TDI's because it is fiction.

There is the issue that could have had an affect on the Euro 5 ones that VW applied the fix to. .

The figure of 20% is a figure that might well apply to 1.4 TSI 132-136 kw Euro 5 CAVE Twinchargers from 2009-2012.  Including replacement engines that also failed.

2012-2014 they changed them to CTHE which had a lower failure rate. 

On 18/02/2022 at 10:27, lichfielddriver said:

Spoke to a car dealer who told me Skoda assembled 1.6 diesel engines have a 20% failure rate

And its a known problem

Do you believe that Skoda would assemble their own engines, engines that are common to the whole VAG range of vehicles?

Perhaps by hand by the guy who tightens the water pump screws in the wrong order on every 5th engine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xman said:

In the UK, Skoda and VW no longer offer 1.6Tdi in any model, its probably true of Audi and Seat too.

Therefore we can infer that the 1.6Tdi is dead and buried as far the UK is concerned.

My 40,000 mile 1.6 is in bits, and i mean in a skip

1 hour ago, roottoot said:

A New Base Engine (Refurbished in a VW Factory) then from VW Group or from Ebay.

Or the lottery of a Used one from whoever.

Or accept the good offer you had for the car as is.  

Not had an offer for the car except the £13,500 from Cazoo 4 weeks ago... 

I saw a vehicle being delivered to the new owner offloaded from their signwritten box van, it looked exactly like on the advert.

Surely they are not allowed to do that! 🤣

Perhaps I was dreaming!