Electric Tailgate Struts

Lucchese

5 hours ago, Lucchese said:

Hi my Electric tailgate struts have given up the ghost. Any recommendations on where I can get replacements at a reasonable price?

Thank you

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174916577511?fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda&hash=item28b9d728e7:g:h74AAOSwHCthzSA5

4 hours ago, Derbyshirebod said:

No I don't think they are. Though he didn't actually state which Superb they were for so assumed a MK3.

This is the mark 2 area of the forum. 
there are mk2 ones also available as below 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-LH-RH-for-Skoda-Superb-2010-2015-2-0TDI-Electric-Tailgate-Strut-3T9827851A-/184890662747?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 20/03/2022 at 23:19, Lucchese said:

After some investigation work it appears that only one is not working, I may buy one from Ebay and see what happens

Well, I don't know if it is a good idea, you usually need a new pair. I had the same problem when only one was broken, kinda like blocking the movement. I disassembled and repaired it exactly like in the @Lutz's video and everything works perfectly now. There was some kind of substance in the bearing and motor, just cleaned it and the work was done. 

• Like 1