Undecided.

Bogart

MOT expired 13/03/2022, but the rest of the MOT history looks unremarkable.

Ask about what servicing it's had done. Do an HPI check. No heated seats. Has it got a spare wheel?

Gaz 

• Like 1

I think this car will be Euro 5, as Euro 6 did not become mandatory for diesel cars until September 2015 when the 65 plates came in. So it will not meet the emissions standard of the London ULEZ (Ultra Low Emissions Zone) and similar requirements present and future in other cities. Not necessarily a deal breaker in Norfolk. Also it will be one of the later cars implicated in the dieselgate scandal, i.e. engineered to cheat emissions tests and maybe "fixed" subsequently. Probably not a big deal if it drives OK, and the Skoda Approved Used should offer some peace of mind, but you only need to go 6 months newer to get Euro 6.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys. Dealer will have to put an MOT on it. Past ones look as you say nothing of note. Will ask dealer re service history. I did wonder as it lists 99g CO2/km just inside the zero tax band, very convenient😉 It does come with 12 mths warranty.

I think a call to the dealer is required.

Right a bit more info.

Interim service 2016,  interim service and brake fluid change 2018 and this month has had service, commensurate with age, whatever that entails plus cambelt and water pump

Not sure what happened between 2018 and now, probably nothing.

Is a Euro 5

Now re emissions.

As stated by dealer

'With regards to the emissions status the vehicle was not impacted so did not need any work doing ie. It did not require the engine management changing or a new flow device fitting'

So do we think it is worth £11k? Comparing with others out there price seems fair to me, but what do I know? Nothing when it comes to Skodas hence on here😊

• Thanks 1

Looks alright to me for the money.  But I'm an armchair expert and nothing beats seeing it in the tin, sitting in it and going for a drive.  I've sat in cars I liked and took an instant dislike to them once behind the wheel (Prius and a Mokka), and others I really didn't want to like but found them really rather good (Leaf, new shape Micra).  Maybe time for you to go looksy.

Gaz

Edited by Gaz
Tie Poe
  • Like 1

No idea on the price.

Not quite sure on the 2015 Euro 5 1.6 TDI CR not being impacted by the VW Defeat Device Scandal and not already having had the fix, but they wrote what they wrote. 

There were plenty told the same by Skoda / VW but yet the car got the fix.

As long as it runs OK it does not matter. 

PS

Interim Services were 9,400 mile / 12 month Services done between Major Services at 18,000-20,000 miles / 24 months.

It used to be Minor or Major Services, then there were Major Services but some wanted oil changes sooner so Interim. 

Changing names / terms confuse Dealership staff as much as owners. 

Capture.JPG.d4b3472c9719ddab217821602b0a27a5.jpeg.45cadeaf036a2c68451c80af540d363a.jpeg

472723553_Screenshot2021-08-25at20_56_29.webp

Edited by roottoot

Will definitely have a look in the metal if it gets onto my shortlist.

They wrote what they wrote, but remember we are talking car dealers here.😁

I suppose I could contact Skoda UK and see what they say.

• Like 1

According to the Skoda UK site entering the VIN  number it returns this

Dear customer! The vehicle with this VIN code is not affected.
Please enjoy your ŠKODA.

Not entirely sure whether anything was done, or as according to dealer nothing needed doing.

???

Is the car still for sale?   What is wrong with it?

If the car runs OK it is not an issue.

If the work was done there was a '2 year peace of mind warranty' given so Skoda UK know or should know if the FIX was done.

If not needed then good, if done and all well then good.

If nobody knows other than looking to see if the Flow device is fitted then that is what you do.

Someone could have had the Fix and someone could have had that rolled back, maybe even a remap done & flow device removed.

That message comes up when vehicles have been done, and in the past that message came up with vehicles that needed done yet owners were told even at Main Dealers they did not require doing. 

Long and short, 'Simply Clever' Skoda often do not know their ars3 from elbow.  

Am looking at 66 reg (2017) 1.6se technology greenline III, whatever the III means. Apart from better economy is there any reason to go for a greenline, of better still any reason not to?

Now looking at a 2015(65) Greenline Business SE. What is the difference between the Business SE and the SE

Am struggling to find any hard evidence as to what makes the Business warrant the name difference.

23 hours ago, Bogart said:

Am struggling to find any hard evidence as to what makes the Business warrant the name difference.

I remember seeing a brochure for the Business editions at the time, but can't remember the full details now. I think they may have included satnav and some other extras for a more favourable price than the standard cars, and were only available to company car drivers when new.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/octavia/86565/skoda-se-business-range-launched

Right that would seem to make sense, if car manufacturers can ever be deemed to be sensible. I am currently zeroing in on a 2016 1.6 greenline version. looks not too bad.

I am somewhat surprised at the lack of Octavias appearing through auction houses, well those that Joe Public can now attend.