Touch Screen

paco

2017 Yeti 1.2 Outdoor, whilst trying to select some radio stations the the touch screen doesn’t work !

any ideas ?

18 minutes ago, Urrell said:

Is it just radio stations that the screen has a problem with?

Yes that’s all I use, I could never get on with the sat nav !

13 minutes ago, paco said:

How about using it to see if it's just the radio station logos or areas of the screen!

28 minutes ago, paco said:

Just remembered touch screen works for phone use

Try forcing a reboot of the entertainment system by holding the power button down until the Skoda logo appears, should take around 10 seconds.

I need to do this at least once a week because the touchscreen becomes totally unresponsive regardless of what I'm trying to do with it - something about the DAB antenna having a ground fault according to the diagnostic tool.

On 04/03/2022 at 09:22, muppix said:

Try forcing a reboot of the entertainment system by holding the power button down until the Skoda logo appears, should take around 10 seconds.

I need to do this at least once a week because the touchscreen becomes totally unresponsive regardless of what I'm trying to do with it - something about the DAB antenna having a ground fault according to the diagnostic tool.

Muppix, no didn’t work, it rebooted but no difference 😕

• 1 year later...

Hi Paco,

I’ve just fixed our one. 

On our 2017 Yeti outdoor the centre of the screen (top to bottom) wasn’t responsive, the visuals were still there but the touch part didn’t work. I tried all the tricks but in the end decided they touch panel was broken. Just over week ago I bought a new touch panel on EBay For about £50 and connected it last night and hey presto, it works. 
we had been quoted over £500 for a new stereo or up to £300 to repair the old one so I figured it was worth taking a chance with £50. 
Feel free to message me if you need advice in the fitting as I almost removed the old touch screen when you are meant to leave it attached. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Jamieframer, looks like I have the same problem as you have had.

Can't get the satnav to work as the letters disappear from the screen.

Just been quoted £500 + for a repair. 

Not going down that road, so will check out the replacement screen thingy. 

Can you point me to the item number for ebay,

Ta.

Just a follow up question here.

Has anyone been in touch with Skoda customer services & vented there frustration respects these VW group radio satnavs?

The car, yes now six years old, has a faulty radio unit that costs 100 of £ to have repaired because of a known fault in their equipment.

• 1 month later...
On 04/03/2022 at 09:22, muppix said:

Just tried this on mine for a journey I need to make tomorrow and it seems to have worked! Fingers crossed it still works tomorrow morning when I set off. 🤞

On 05/07/2023 at 21:05, HowardBury said:

Just tried this on mine for a journey I need to make tomorrow and it seems to have worked! Fingers crossed it still works tomorrow morning when I set off. 🤞

It did work, so that was a big help in getting there on time. Thanks again for the tip. 😉