Kodiaq fuel, oil usage and remap

Just trying to gauge what peoples experiences are with their Kodiaq's. So for a bit of Context I have had loads of cars at least 7 Skoda's and had some that never use any oil from one service to the next,  Some that use about a litre every 5k but our new Kodiaq 150 4x4 DSG 5seat seams very thirsty on both oil and fuel. Its 5months old and has only done 3700miles and the oil light has just come on. After checking the dip stick there was nothing in it and had to put about 1.5litre in it to get it to max level. The fuel economy is about 36mpg on average doing mixture of 8 -10 mile journeys about 70% of the time and then longer runs of about 50miles less frequently.

Lastly does anyone have any opinions on where to get the engine remapped. I have had engines remapped previously by Shark Performance on my VRS etc  but they have closed down so who are the best these days?

Edited by Scribbler

• Scribbler changed the title to Kodiaq fuel, oil usage and remap

36mpg for that sort of journey profile, with the 4x4, doesn’t sound all that bad to me - especially if you consider that has been over the winter months. If you don’t see a massive improvement over the summer when it’s warmer and now it is properly run in, I’d be very surprised.

As for the oil… never had an issue with my last one (1.4TSI) - and the new VRS hasn’t moaned yet, but neither have I actually checked.

Mine consumes about 1 liter oil between the services and has done it since the very beginning.

Do not think it`s possible to remap VAG car produced after 2021.

Mine has done here, but the last remap for 2 liter petrol Kodi is for 190 PS one. No 200 PS version. ECU blocked from external access.

https://en.bsr.se/tuning-kits/t/4323/skoda-kodiaq-20tsi-190hp-dsg-2017-2021-dkza

3 minutes ago, linni said:

Yes, but can you find there 200 PS petrol engine? No. Only the older 190 PS version.

I can't find a 200PS petrol engine on the Skoda configurator either... at least on the UK version. Only a 190PS.

2 hours ago, linni said:

I admit there is some confusion about the model line.

Perhaps you're confusing petrol with diesel?

The old 190ps diesel has been replaced by a newer 200ps diesel but to the best of my knowledge there is no such thing as a 200ps petrol in the Kodiaq.

According to your Estonia configurator, the largest petrol available is a 140kW which = 190ps

On 04/03/2022 at 19:13, Scribbler said:

Just trying to gauge what peoples experiences are with their Kodiaq's. So for a bit of Context I have had loads of cars at least 7 Skoda's and had some that never use any oil from one service to the next,  Some that use about a litre every 5k but our new Kodiaq 150 4x4 DSG 5seat seams very thirsty on both oil and fuel. Its 5months old and has only done 3700miles and the oil light has just come on. After checking the dip stick there was nothing in it and had to put about 1.5litre in it to get it to max level. The fuel economy is about 36mpg on average doing mixture of 8 -10 mile journeys about 70% of the time and then longer runs of about 50miles less frequently.

Lastly does anyone have any opinions on where to get the engine remapped. I have had engines remapped previously by Shark Performance on my VRS etc  but they have closed down so who are the best these days?

I keep a log of true MPG (brim-to-brim) on our 2017, 150 bhp 4x DSG.  Over the last year, it has averaged 41 MPG (about 43 according to its own computer).  It's driven pretty gently in a rural area though, albeit with a fair few hills, but little traffic.  That means a fair few runs at about 50 on single carriageways, between the trucks, which is probably a real "sweet spot" for a Bear.  On motorway runs, that figure goes down - maybe 38, as the big frontal area crucifies it.  Similarly, in stop-start traffic, its weight doesn't do it any favours!  As Yogi says, that doesn't sound too bad.

It does use a bit of oil - maybe 10,000 miles to the litre.  However, with the various lockdowns, it doesn't do enough miles in a year to need topping up between services.  That might change this year.

No experience of re-mapping.  I'm not a rabid "tree hugger", but don't like doing that on environmental grounds!

Edited by Avocet

On 05/03/2022 at 22:49, kodiaqsportline said:

According to your Estonia configurator, the largest petrol available is a 140kW which = 190ps

Hmm actually biggest on estonian configurator petrol engine is FL vRS wit 180 kW what is approx 242 hp… I know as I ordered one…