Yeti front camber adjustment

pcdee

46 minutes ago, pcdee said:

Hi all,

Just had the alignment done on our Yeti and Kwikfit have told us the front camber can’t be adjusted - are they mugging us off? 

Probably not.  How far out of spec is it?  VAG usually say to adjust it on the subframe, according to my local, trusted, tyre fitting company. 

Both my previous Mk5 Golf and my current Yeti have been slightly out of spec. 

Why do you want it adjusting, have they said it is out of spec?

Why did you have the alignment check, was the vehicle not driving straight? Had you perhaps had the clutch replaced or the gearbox removed?

The only front camber adjustment available would be centralising the front crossmember (if it has been moved) to even up both camber settings, if they are both out of limits by the same amount one positive one negative it indicates a sideways misalignment of the crossmember.

Kwikfit can have all the flashy computerised laser alignment gear possible and it will only be as good as the person using it and if it is zero calibrated before use.

Powerflex offer their PFF85-501G front bush which is adjustable, I am not sure if I am allowed to post a link to my own eBay page? They are a little fiddly to use but very effective.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crasher said:

Powerflex offer their PFF85-501G front bush which is adjustable, I am not sure if I am allowed to post a link to my own eBay page? They are a little fiddly to use but very effective.

This one perhaps....?   😉    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143292877258?hash=item215cebc9ca:g:gDAAAOSw3YphUuM-