Dash Cam/ front assist not working

Hi guys , I bought new dash cam nextbase 322gw , I was going to plug in into the fuse box , problem is coming when I am trying to power my dash cam , whenever I unplug front assist fuse , then plug into dash cam adapter and all together back in the right place , dash cam is working  but I can see on my dash that front assist is not working/unavailable, whenever I try to plug dash cam in any other place in the fuse box , dash cam doesn’t work , is not powered , anybody had same problem? 
thanks 

Just now, Gogul95 said:

Hi guys , I bought new dash cam nextbase 322gw , I was going to plug in into the fuse box , problem is coming when I am trying to power my dash cam , whenever I unplug front assist fuse , then plug into dash cam adapter and all together back in the right place , dash cam is working  but I can see on my dash that front assist is not working/unavailable, whenever I try to plug dash cam in any other place in the fuse box , dash cam doesn’t work , is not powered , anybody had same problem? 
thanks 

I have Superb estate 2016 SE

23 minutes ago, Gogul95 said:

thanks 

I have Superb estate 2016 SE

There are 2 fuses in the adapter you are using right? 
and are you changing the orientation of the fuse adapter when you move it to another fuse?

• Like 1

Yes they are space for 2 fuses , I haven’t changed the orientation actually , but also why is my camera not power on any other fuses , just where is the front assist fuse camera is working and dash board showing an front assist error  , in any other fuse place , camera is not powered 

54 minutes ago, Gogul95 said:

Yes they are space for 2 fuses , I haven’t changed the orientation actually , but also why is my camera not power on any other fuses , just where is the front assist fuse camera is working and dash board showing an front assist error  , in any other fuse place , camera is not powered 

You are removing the front assist fuse, putting the removed fuse in the fuse adapter, then putting the fuse adapter into the fusebox yes? So the adapter has 2 fuses in it yes.

I think this is the part you might be forgetting!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

You are removing the front assist fuse, putting the removed fuse in the fuse adapter, then putting the fuse adapter into the fusebox yes? So the adapter has 2 fuses in it yes.

I think this is the part you might be forgetting!

Yes I am doing exactly as you said , 

Camera is working then but I have a warning ⚠️  light on my dash board saying that front assist is unavailable . 
I just was thinking now actually, does it matter in which of the slots on the adapter I need to put removed fuse from the car  ? Cos there’s 2 slots and I got one fuse which came with the camera kit , I know I need to plug this one too , but does it matter in which slot? 

38 minutes ago, Gogul95 said:

Yes I am doing exactly as you said , 

Camera is working then but I have a warning ⚠️  light on my dash board saying that front assist is unavailable . 
I just was thinking now actually, does it matter in which of the slots on the adapter I need to put removed fuse from the car  ? Cos there’s 2 slots and I got one fuse which came with the camera kit , I know I need to plug this one too , but does it matter in which slot? 

Yes, i believe 1 is a 3amp fuse and 1 is the one that came out the car. You are gonna have to show us photos of what youre doing cause something isnt right.

Youre not doing something correctly to loose power to either the camera or the radar fuse.

@Gogul95 - when u say Front Assist Fuse - wat fuse location is this?

i can't see anything in the dashboard fuse layout that refers to front assist.

do u know if this fuse location is switched power or permanent power?

most of us, including myself have used fuse location #47 - Rear window wiper.

its switched power, so the dashcam will power on and off with the ignition.

aviary-image-1562197173232.thumb.jpeg.2c18ed8471b8a82e7bb4239db92498f4.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ApertureS said:

Yes, i believe 1 is a 3amp fuse and 1 is the one that came out the car. You are gonna have to show us photos of what youre doing cause something isnt right

I was plugging into this marked fuse , I think nr 35 , working only on this one but with the error

B2BCDAFE-6070-4F78-A935-1631422E8E38.jpeg

597684CC-7027-40EB-A745-307E4E3C99BF.jpeg

7 hours ago, JR RS said:

@Gogul95 - when u say Front Assist Fuse - wat fuse location is this?

i can't see anything in the dashboard fuse layout that refers to front assist.

do u know if this fuse location is switched power or permanent power?

most of us, including myself have used fuse location #47 - Rear window wiper.

its switched power, so the dashcam will power on and off with the ignition.

aviary-image-1562197173232.thumb.jpeg.2c18ed8471b8a82e7bb4239db92498f4.jpeg I’ll try today plug into the this one maybe 🤔 I was using nr 35 I think 

Edited by Gogul95

1 hour ago, Gogul95 said:

I was plugging into this marked fuse , I think nr 35 , working only on this one but with the error

B2BCDAFE-6070-4F78-A935-1631422E8E38.jpeg

597684CC-7027-40EB-A745-307E4E3C99BF.jpeg

You need to move the piggyback fuse in your first picture to the other slot with the flying lead,  and the fuse you are removing to plug the piggyback into , rear wiper for example, needs to go in the slot on your piggyback that currently has the fuse in.

Edited by Kenny R
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

You need to move the piggyback fuse in your first picture to the other slot with the flying lead,  and the fuse you are removing to plug the piggyback into , rear wiper for example, needs to go in the slot on your piggyback that currently has the fuse in.

Thanks Man :) I’ll try this today 

There’s a good chance you’ve blown the 2amp fuse by putting it in that spot, you’ll need to check it before trying, putting up to 10amp through that 2amp fuse has probably popped it.

• Like 1