Whay the difference in rear floor height?

JS58

Firstly apologies for another question but it's a bit of a minefield when trying to dig out information on the web. Looking at a couple of Karoqs there's a difference in floor height but both are supposed to have space saver spare wheels. Can anyone explain why, other than one may have the full size wheel stowage kit? I notice that in the high version the lashing points are hidden.

Karoq High Floor.jpg

Karoq Low Floor.jpg

Don't know if this helps, but with 4x4 Karoqs, the metal base of the boot has to be higher to clear the Haldex transmission, so there will be a difference in the depth of the boot. If a spacesaver spare is fitted, then the lift-up boot floor is presumably at the same height as in a Karoq fitted with a full size spare wheel. 

Chris

Thanks for the replies but it's still a bit of a mystery. The floor panels are different shapes (the low one has shaped ends to fit the chassis menber intrusion) & I don't think you can have the variable floor withe the Varioflex seats soI'm still not sure what combination gets you a high floor with Varioflex. Neither of them are 4x4 vehicles.

Oh well, it's not a key factor but it would be useful to know.

If you fit a space saver to a 2wd car it uses the original boot floor and no spacers as the tyre fits into the recess in the metal.

ifyou fit a full size spare you need foam spacers around the wheel and the raised boot floor which also has edges which fold up for access to items in the foam spacers voids such as tools.

If you have a 4wd like mine it will only accept a space saver and uses the same foam spacers and raised floor.

once the floor is raised you can no longer have a flat floor through if the seats are removable.

In theory you can’t fit the raised floor if you have the removable rear seats as you can’t access the catches to release them. The kit fits the cars without this so should really stick with a space saver in 2wd cars and no spare or no full size on cars with varioflex seats. However some careful cutting of the relevant foam pad creates room for and access to the handles, so it will fit. I had to do this on mine when I added the spare.