Fabia VRS 06 mk1, Front electric windows only work in the summer issue.

Hi all,

As above, my front windows are electric, rear manual.  The front only work in hot weather, I changed the fuse, checked the block in the door gap was locked tight, tried to wind up/down with key in the door, tried the reset method, also changed the driver side window switch, no joy.  A mechanic had a quick look and said it sounds like the motor unit may be getting a bit of moisture in, and to sort its about £240ish plus labour, with an official part.  I've put up with it for about 5 yrs, however, been told as of next year its an MOT fail, by the test centre engineer.

My question is, assuming the above is true, does anyone know what part I'm looking for?  Is it just a motor unit I need, or will I need linkages etc....and if its worth a punt on a used part from a scrapyard, or ebay, (I was told some 3rd party parts don't fit easily).

Again, any help is much appreciated.

The motors don't get damp as they are not inside the door but mounted on a sealed panel just behind the door card. However, the drivers' side motor has a box that contains the electronics that control the whole shooting-match and those electronics can fail.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TMB said:

The motors don't get damp as they are not inside the door but mounted on a sealed panel just behind the door card. However, the drivers' side motor has a box that contains the electronics that control the whole shooting-match and those electronics can fail.

I've had electric windows suffer due to moisture in the switches on the door panel before. Used to have to take a hair dryer to them to get them to work in winter. :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

I've had electric windows suffer due to moisture in the switches on the door panel before. Used to have to take a hair dryer to them to get them to work in winter. :D

I guess if the car was damp inside it could happen.

• Like 1