Replace stereo and wire reverse camera

Hi! I have bought a new stereo for my skoda Fabia 2016 ambiente, to have carplay on my fabia. I bought a pair of keys to take out the existing stereo but I can’t get it out (photos attached). Also I bought a reverse camera but I don’t know how to replace it and wire to the reverse. Any help would be appreciate!

Ben

60EDACBA-E36C-4F3F-A2F9-829AF8B58F6A.jpeg

C61F32F5-A4DC-4FC3-AA8D-245F340FBBCF.jpeg

FE296CBC-BEEE-4C02-881E-0763D008A841.jpeg

7E94CCE8-3246-44B0-9FBA-D0D963AFD63F.jpeg

1. Remove decorative trim - just pull it out.

2. Insert 2 removal keys at the bottom (flat parts outside).

3. Pull out the old unit.

4. Don't wire camera to reverse light bulb directly, either use special filter or connect camera power to terminal 15 (power when ignition is on).

38 minutes ago, pab567 said:

1. Remove decorative trim - just pull it out.

2. Insert 2 removal keys at the bottom (flat parts outside).

3. Pull out the old unit.

4. Don't wire camera to reverse light bulb directly, either use special filter or connect camera power to terminal 15 (power when ignition is on).

I have wired about 4 reversing camera signal wires to the rear light cluster reversing light. Obviously power and ground have been wired to fuse box and boot ground. 

No issues at all. 

If you wire OEM cameras - yes. But this is aftermarket low camera, with just power (no trigger from reverse light) and if you connect power directly you may either get no picture at all or stripes on the picture as voltage on reverse bulb is not constant (as long as this is regular, no LED bulb).

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.!! But how I remove the rear handle? And also when I try to take out the stereo with the keys, they insert all the way but is impossible to take out the stereo, maybe I need other keys?

It can be a little fiddly, the screen is that... a screen. The radio itself is located behind the dash and is located inside the glovebox so you will need to remove that if you need to remove the whole unit. 

Try the keys in different ways and it should release the locks. it doesn't pop out so you will need to lever it out. 

image.png.c06131b05836c0cc3586b7671671bfad.png

Removing the boot handle you need to firstly remove the boot pull using the a torx screwdriver, then you use a trim removal tool to remove the plastic boot skin, then you just need to pop out the handle / switch. 

image.png.6bffec1a38c14481815ac6d753e96386.png

• Thanks 1

So… I still can’t take the stereo out! I tried with the keys and nothing, I took out the glove box and I fount that the stereo has a screw I have to unscrew that too? I have tried everything to take it out and I still can’t! Any suggestions? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

23 hours ago, benjacontreras said:

I can’t pop out the handle, I think I need to take that that metal thing on the left, but I don’t know how to release it

Silver spring clip needs pushing to the right ( in your photo ) in towards the switch,  at the lower end nearest the bodywork.

Then push switch out through the hole from the inside.

23 hours ago, benjacontreras said:

I still can’t take the stereo out! I tried with the keys and nothing

You need four key in exactly the right place.

Look at the diagram closely that Jgrindel posted above

Thanks, AG Falco

37 minutes ago, AGFalco said:

Silver spring clip needs pushing to the right ( in your photo ) in towards the switch,  at the lower end nearest the bodywork.

Then push switch out through the hole from the inside.

You need four key in exactly the right place.

Look at the diagram closely that Jgrindel posted above

Thanks, AG Falco

Thanks for the handle! Unfortunately the camera I bought does not fit my Fabia I will buy another one!

For the stereo, I have the stereo that needs only two keys and I have tried in all the possibles ways and still can´t get it out, I bought another pair of keys to see if that can work! Thanks for the help!

Guys! Good news I could install the stereo it looks amazing! But do you know if it is possible to use skoda original microphone? I know I can buy a microphone through amazon but I think my original skoda microphone was awesome, but I couldn’t get it to work

837DFB34-AB2B-4927-A98B-50A5112A5A50.jpeg

Guys! Good news I could install the stereo it looks amazing! But do you know if it is possible to use skoda original microphone? I know I can buy a microphone through amazon but I think my original skoda microphone was awesome, but I couldn’t get it to work

these are the connectors in my stereo (see attached photo) and also I have one cable that I cant connect to my stereo is a yellow one, do you guys think I need any special cable to get the microphone work? 

1B4F25F6-8E36-4E8C-BF7C-E8CF2E7A1E03.jpeg

021657CC-4929-491E-A6B2-8E2020790C06.jpeg

824CDBB8-D350-4605-B711-33C3E36325EE.jpeg

BB6FEFD8-D8D6-438E-9581-5AAD82902C0E.png

• 9 months later...

hi mate, what unit is that? I thought that it was not possible to install one of these android units. I just ordered a 7in monitor and camera because of it. I would rather install a nice android unit instead. Do you still get the parking sensors to show on display?