Subframe octavia mk1. Sdi

Hi 

I have a soda octavia Sdi mk1, 02 reg and have got a golf mk 4 subframe.
Q, will it just be a case of undoing the 5/6 bolts that hold the subframe on and replacing it with the golf subframe with bushes. 
Know it won't happen like that and will take a few hours. Mot in a month time.
Thanks
Ewan

I have done a few of these on Mk4 Golfs and its a simple enough job, just a case of disconnecting everything as per the post above. I personally like to change the arms, ball joints, tie rods, drop links and bushes whilst I'm there if they are old, it just gives the car a good refresh whilst you have everything off. If you don't want to mess around removing the rack, you can tie it up and support it to save the hassle of disconnecting pipes/tie rods etc. (On the Golf at least)

If you do remove the rack don't forget new washers for the banjos and some fresh fluid. It is also worth looking at the steering rack bush whilst you are there.

There's quite a bit of adjustment on the subframe mounts. I haven't done a golf/oct conversaion, but generally speaking if I'm dropping a subframe, I tend to paint around the old frame with some primer, then line the new one up to the edge of the paint mark, so I've got the best chance of getting it put on square. 

Hi 
OK, I thought they might be a couple of things attached to it but not as much as that.
Is it just a case of unbolting the suspension arms steering rack, anti roll bar and lower engine mount (dog bone) and letting them hang for few minutes until you fit the new subframe on.
I'm at sea just now so after as much info as possible to see if I can do it myself and maybe a mate to help if I get stuck but not to bad at fixing things.
Thanks
Ewan

I had this reply typed out earlier as only have 90 min of Internet so just read the other replies, thanks for info will read later.

I thought the subframe would just line up anyway with holes for everything but will paint around it to give me a guide.

I will replace subframe just now as that is the main job I want done and can replace other parts when I get them and see what subframe job is like, it's just to get mot done just now and if it passes will do the rest including timing belt 😞

thanks for the help and information 

ewan