MPG, how frugal is your Fabia?

It's the wife's car, a 1.6 diesel, owned from new, had more than it's share of issues but then it's VW under the skin, however

the one thing that's always impressed is the economy, but this one takes the biscuit.  A journey from J5 on the M2 to Minnis Bay,

35miles at 94.2 MPG.  I've previously checked the odometer on a 305 journey to Cornwall, just 3miles out, brimmed the tank and did the

maths and MPG indication just a few percent out. So it looks kosha, so can anyone beat 94.2 MPG on a regular journey?

IMG_1500.JPG

• Like 1

64mpg on my 1.2tsi using e5, 200 mile trip on m1 between 65-75mph. For petrol that's pretty damn good

Tried e10 now and i'm happy to see anything over 40mpg. Saved £2 at the pump, spent 10x that in worse economy

I have a 1.4 TDI 80 Bhp Fabia 2 (2009), the most I have ever got out of a fully brimmed tank (well up the filler neck) is 700 miles. When calculated manually it equates to about 62ish mpg. Computer reads about 67mpg ish. But have had VW group cars for years and they always over read.

I've gotten around 70mpg on a few occasions in my monte, must be flukes as I've not been able to come near that lately.

Noticed my cars not been quite as frugal for the past while. Drives fine otherwise so who knows whats going on.

I've gotten around 70mpg on a few occasions in my monte, must be flukes as I've not been able to come near that lately.

Noticed my cars not been quite as frugal for the past while. Drives fine otherwise so who knows whats going on.