MIB2 Amundsen differences between FW 0468, 0478, 0480

Dear friends,

I just updated my 2018 Octavia Mk3 FL head unit from 0468 to 0478. I had the car for 1 year so far using 0468 from factory. It has the Amundsen unit (5Q0 035 874 C = MIB2 Skoda Amundsen).

I found the FW on the MIBSolution One site as advertised by YouTube.

I also updated the maps from Skoda - EC 2022.

However as I couldn't find any exciting improvement (faster speed, new feature, or getting that damn health report to work again) - I activated a free 1 month trial for Skoda Connect. 🤷‍♂️

As seen in other threads Skoda Connect works intermittently. I saw the Weather once, and Petrol Prices twice. Also some red traffic on a street nearby. Otherwise it's mostly "No Data Connection Available".

Of course, never tried Skoda Connect in 0468 - so now I'm thinking what if it worked better in the old version? 🤦‍♂️

I am now thinking to try an even newer firmware: 0480 - which I also found on the same site - though it is uploaded in some other section and doesn't have the same labels like the others. Probably the uploader was in a hurry or something (see screenshot).

I wonder if anyone knows how to tell how genuine these versions are?

And which improvements do they bring? (for example 0478 vs 0468 / 0480 vs 0478).

Cheers!

1857832384_Screenshot2022-04-22at12_47_54.thumb.png.02343820c551b768def7ce0892aff167.pngCheers!

Edited by rumburake

It's just bug fixes and stability normally. Annoyingly there isn't a full change log but the TPI's give a small amount of info.

For example, 2049459/10 for the 0478 update states:

Customer may complain about one of the following phenomena:
• ABT display failures (black screen).
• MIB switching off, restarting – with a connected mobile device with the IOS operating system.
• MIB without sound, or sound cannot be controlled, voice control malfunction.
• MIB sporadically switching off or gets frozen while calculating route or while navigating.
• MIB does not allow the lower menu bar to be automatically hidden in the navigation mode.
• MIB does not allow the activated additional information window to be closed.
• Virtual Škoda Surround not working.
• Radio is playing when customer comes to the locked vehicle.
• Deactivating auxiliary heater pre-selections.
• Changing time indicator

Which suggests that 0478 fixes those issues :wondering:

I've not seen the 0480 TPI so I can't confirm what fixes it may include.

I am running SW:0480 and got a link from @pab567 -  they may know more about the differences between versions...

Thank you @langers2k!

I didn't know about these TPIs - from my search looks like they are some internal service documentation, that prescribes the Skoda service what to do, and TPI stands for Technical Product Info.

For example:

- IF customer complains that the radio is playing when coming back to the car

- AND the service can reproduce the bug

- THEN update to 0478.

I wonder where can we find such TPIs? Maybe in some service manual or online service documentation system? Can it be accessed by us? I wonder if I could search for a TPI that mentions 0480!

You can get the TPI from erwin https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do but there is a small fee (€7 + tax for an hour?) to access it. There should be one for the 0480 update, at a guess it would be 2049459/11...?

I can't remember when I last logged in but at that time, the 0478 update was the latest.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...