Very slight oil leak from oil filler cap

Hi All,

I have owned a 2014 220 TSI for about 1.5 years and when buying I noticed some oil around the filler but assumed this was someone doing a poor job of filling it up at one point. However even after cleaning a very light almost oil residue reappears. I can't see it coming from anywhere other than the filler cap. I have attached a photo of the cap and oil residue. I have checked with Skoda and a replacement cap is £13. Am I missing a seal or have a faulty cap? Has anyone else had this problem and a new cap cured it?

Thanks and apologies if this has been asked before I have searched and not found a resolution.

PXL_20220421_115839024.jpg

PXL_20220421_115811158.jpg

PXL_20220421_115753763.jpg

4 hours ago, Crasher said:

All EA888 engines seem to do that.

Let me correct you slightly - VW/Audi engines in general seem to do that. 😂

Especially if you “trash” them from time to time :)

I had several VW petrol and diesels, and all of them were leaking a bit from there. I had an Audi A4 B7 1.9 TDI which even had additional rubber around the cap, which I’m 100% sure was designed because VW didn’t want oil all over the engine.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...