vRS Fog Light Trim

Has anybody replaced the gloss black fog light trim on the vRS and have any tips on removal/fit?

I’ve just ordered a replacement as the lacquer on one side is flaking off.

Hoping a bit of a tug/gentle prizing with a trim tool will do the job.

Thanks is advance.

770B3931-55D7-4961-B1A8-0CD4B3AE16A8.jpeg.a8d79a70e848a181ecd19d9b4b5f0b25.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

@Monte Carlo Mart mine didn’t look as bad as that!

It came off with a bit of a tug. It has to be slid slightly toward the front of the car. Once you get a new one you can see how it’s held in place. Swapped it out in 5 minutes.

I can only assume that once a stone chip takes that first bit off and moisture gets under there it all begins to peel off. I noticed a stone chip on the other side just the other day annoyingly, doesn’t warrant replacing it so I’ll see how that goes over time.

Best way to describe it is that it’s placed against the number and slid in to place for the clips to engage as opposed to be pushed on at 90 degrees to the bumper.

I struggled to release the clips along the top which resulted in the old one becoming distorted. Definitely not reusable. Bumper was fine though.

• 2 weeks later...