New Owner with Questions.....

Today I've picked up a 2015 MkII 2.0L Diesel DSG with 117,000 miles on the clock and I have the start of what will probably be many questions:

• What phones can be connected to the car?  Can an iPhone X be connected successfully?
  • Realised the cigarrette letter is permanent live which is going to cause problems when I leave my iPod connected.  Any advice on where I could find an ignition live to connect to?
  • Is the sat nav updated via the SD card and any links for the latest maps
  • Is the parcel shelf / retractable boot cover the same between pre & post facelift estates?

More later Im sure.....

Edited by GrayedoutUK

Use the search function on the forum to find some answers. sounds harsh but that is what forums are for, searching for answers. Sat nav easily done via CD player. Again, lots of answers. Enjoy your motor and welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

On 01/05/2022 at 21:28, GrayedoutUK said:

No.  The Honda Accord I've just replaced was ignition live!

Mr BJ's Panda also has a 12v socket that goes off with the ignition.

Many people on the forum use a piggy back fuse to create another switched live feed.

In my Superb I use a "PCT Volton Relay ZR1220" plugged into the boot 12v socket wired into an inline socket to run my cool box in the boot without flattening the battery.

[EDIT] https://www.just-tow.co.uk/product/volton-split-charge-relay/

PXL_20220506_130718800.jpg

PXL_20220506_130710954.jpg

Edited by bigjohn

You don't say what spec/features your car has, which would help answer your questions. Amundsen satnav uses SD card for maps/updates while Columbus uses a DVD. If the car has Bluetooth then most phones will work fine, just make sure not to use rSAP/'Premium' mode if it's available on the car, use HFP instead.

• 4 weeks later...

I have "moved" the permanent live cigarette lighter in my daughter's Fabia to one that is switched. Just check your fuse board.

You can download and install map software from the internet.