Karoq 2022 software on an older model?

Fux

So the new Karoq 2022 model comes with newer software - I was wondering if it will be possible to update older models with this newer software?

More specifically I am interested in the newer digital drivers display graphics (shown here: https://youtu.be/6l6dAYVK4Xk?t=241 ) as they look better (imo)

I also wouldn't mind that steering wheel as to me its better looking then the one I have in my sportline :D

Edited by Fux

5 hours ago, Fux said:

More specifically I am interested in the newer digital drivers display graphics (shown here: https://youtu.be/6l6dAYVK4Xk?t=241 ) as they look better (imo)

I also wouldn't mind that steering wheel as to me its better looking then the one I have in my sportline :D

Screenshot...

image.thumb.png.374df9166068cbe9d0a732d26d3118fa.png

That’s more or less what my 20 reg Edition has. It was an extra on my car to replace the standard analogue dials.

I can’t imagine it would be easy to change analogue to digital dash retrospectively.

I agree with Ken.

It looks very much like the MIB3 system introduced for MY20 cars, and even if it has been updated I suspect it would be very expensive to change the hardware and software in an older car. 

In fact, with the demand for secondhand cars nowadays, it might well be cheaper to P/X your car for a new one! (Of course, the major problems will be the delivery delays for new cars, and the fact that chip shortages have prevented the inclusion of driver assist systems which were available for my car - like area view, park assist, trailer assist etc.)

Chris

you missunderstood

I already have digital drivers display - I just want the fancy graphics from the 2022 model instead of the one present on my 2019 sportline

would it really be that expensive just to update the software? is it even possible to get software from a newer edition of car (MY22) on older older model (MY19) - surely hardware is the same (processing, graphics)?

Edited by Fux

22 minutes ago, Fux said:

you missunderstood

I already have digital drivers display - I just want the fancy graphics from the 2022 model instead of the one present on my 2019 sportline

would it really be that expensive just to update the software? is it even possible to get software from a newer edition of car (MY22) on older older model (MY19) - surely hardware is the same (processing, graphics)?

Not sure the virtual cockpit graphics have changed any. What’s different?

speedo does not look like that at all in my sportline - graphics and central console interface have definitively been updated/changed

new model:
31_SKODA_KAROQ-2560x1708.jpg

old model:
KODIAQ_RS_Paris_30.jpg

• Like 1

Personally of the 4 options I never use that one. The twin dial or expanded navigation panel and no dials are more use to me.

On your example above you can change what is displayed either side via the options and the dial itself is only marginally different.

Is it worth the risk of trying to upgrade/ change and it going wrong. The software in the latest cars seems very iffy to me?

• Like 1

I use the big center gauge cluster all the time due to easy readability (having the speed, gear and revolutions front and center so its hard to miss) - I don't care about other info (and I am aware side options can be swapped)

I like the new design even more cause it looks cleaner (no carbon fiber graphic in the middle) and speedometer is larger + revolution numbers aren't unnaturally wide

Will dealerships offer latest software as an update for older karoqs? Or are we "stuck" with original release software?

21 hours ago, Fux said:

Will dealerships offer latest software as an update for older karoqs? Or are we "stuck" with original release software?

Every dealership should offer the latest software update but that's not your problem.

Your problem is you're running a whole different system. Your 2019 car is based on MIB2 whereas the latest Karoq is likely to have MIB3.0 system. So complete new system or new car is likely to be the answer. 

Edited by kodiaqsportline

Your 2019 car is based on MIB2 whereas the latest Karoq is likely to have MIB3.0 system.

that's what I was wondering - so such software upgrade isn't possible.. too bad