1.4TSI ACT Servicing

Ok this will probably stir up a whole load of comments but...

Our Kodiaq (2018 1.4TSI 150 4x4 manual) has just flagged the need for an oil change and inspection service as it's 12 months since the last one and about 11months since we bought it.

However, this seems to be because it's been set to fixed servicing rather than variable as it's only done about 5,000 miles, mostly long runs since the last service (we use the Swift round town for obvious reasons) and is now on 22k miles.

The Haldex had an oil change at the last service (but no filter clean from what I can make out) and the brake fluid was done at the same time and previous services seem to be in line with the Skoda guidance.

Given the above I'm debating just getting the Haldex done properly at and independant and potentially the engine oil and filter but leaving everything else (spark plugs etc.) for now given the mileage.  The cambelt is, I understand, a 'lifetime' belt so in theory good for 120,000 miles, inspect from 60,000 onwards.

So...   general thoughts - haldex and engine oil or haldex only and just reset the service reminder?

Both above posts are valid points...   Not sure what I was thinking earlier...    For what the cost will be l may as well get both done. 

My 1.4 TSI is the same age, higher mileage (30,000 miles) and booked in for its fourth service at the end of the month.

Last years third service included the Haldex, and I paid a bit extra labour to have the pump filter cleaned.

This years service is a biggie as spark plugs are required, but for me oil and the oil filter is an absolute must, fresh oil is the lifeblood of any engine.