2022 facelift missing items

What is the general consensus on removed items from the facelift Kodiaq? I know of 1 less umbrella, and no torch in the boot, what else is there? 

10 hours ago, Agplant100 said:

Guessing there is no wiring for the door reflectors any more! 

If your car has the in-door puddle lamps that project SKODA on the ground, then you may be able to splice the wiring for reflector lighting.

On 07/05/2022 at 10:51, Nimby said:

My Dec 2019 model only came with one umbrella so it's not a 2022 change.

My Oct 19 model came with 2 umbrellas.

First thing I did with the 2022 model was to buy another umbrella and line the gloveboxes.  

I can live with the reflectors instead of the lights.

I didn't like the new interior trim at first, but I must admit it has grown on me.

Edited by xspartx

16 minutes ago, xspartx said:

First thing I did with the 2022 model was to buy another umbrella

First* thing I did with my 2022 model was to put in the umbrella I kept from my old Kodiaq, along with the boot nets. Don't keep anything in the glove box that rattles, so couldn't care less about that.

*Wasn't really the first thing...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Agplant100 said:

What did you use to line the glovebox with? Can’t be doing with stuff rattling around! 

I used the £1 self adhesive felt sheets from Hobbycraft to line the lower glovebox and the small one on the drivers side.

Not sure how durable it will be long term, it’s not like the stuff I keep in there is out and in often so should last and certainly stops rattles.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

it’s not like the stuff I keep in there is out and in often

What stuff do you keep in there... and if you don't use it often, do you really need it in there?

57 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

What stuff do you keep in there... and if you don't use it often, do you really need it in there?

You’d need to ask Mrs R, it’s like Mary Poppins bag. Everything  to cover any eventuality when we’ve got the grandkids magically comes out of that glovebox :)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Agplant100 said:

Haha I’ve just emptied my old Kodiaq out. Basically a box of stuff I didn’t realise was in there, and never use! 

I managed to fill a box as well when cleaning out my previous Kodiaq. Thing is I couldn’t fit it all back in the new one as the underfloor storage area in the boot has changed.

28 minutes ago, Skodad23 said:

So where does the second umbrella go? ( I’m yet to receive my new bear )

I know one goes in the driver’s door.

The passenger door has the same orifice to store an umbrella.

Previously 2 umbrellas we’re supplied, but due to cost cutting only one is now supplied.

Curiously my one supplied was in the passenger door.

No lower boot floor I'm the 7 seat 2022 Sportline which was in my 2018 Edition. That was handy in keeping things clear of the spare tyre and also hiding things in the tyre well

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Agplant100 said:

Would anyone be able to send a pic of the underfloor on the new 7 seater. Likewise I used mine for loads of stuff… God I’m sad! 😂 

20220513_091252.thumb.jpg.365d000e4e2ac01443736c307e288554.jpg

Hopefully that makes sense. Basically the spare tyre etc are all uncovered. It looks like the same fixing points for the lower floor are in place (hikes in the metal cross bar at the back).

My dealer (Wings Skoda, Peterborough) appear to be selling that part for £88+10 delivery on eBay. Better than the headline price.

On 06/05/2022 at 21:21, Agplant100 said:

What is the general consensus on removed items from the facelift Kodiaq? I know of 1 less umbrella, and no torch in the boot, what else is there? 

Using my Mr Practical head rather than my Mr Angry at Everything head, my honest thoughts are:

1: Removable torch: Only ever had occasion to use this once on a previous car and it was useles. The light on my mobile phone gave off more illumination.

2: Door lights: Only useful to those other drivers who drive with their lights off in the dark. The door has reflectors so if someone comes along with their lights on, it'll reflect the light.

3: Carpeted lower glovebox: The upper box has a rubber matt so anything that moves goes in the upper box. The lower box in my car houses the car manual so there's not much room for anything else. Besides when people say it's felt lined - is it? Are the sides covered too - nope, they're bare plastic, So even with lined glove boxes, items will rattle on the plastic sides.

4. Small cubby next to steering wheel. What do people put in this that rattles? It's tiny. It's where I keep my cloths for wiping fingerprints off infotainment screen.

5. Umbrellas.  Now this I really can't understand. How many people have used those umbrellas? They wouldn't protect a mouse from rain and look as if they'd turn inside out if someone farted let alone stand up to any breeze. Look, they're just a gimmick for reviewers to say the only other manufacturer with umbrellas in the door is Rolls Royce. ( they forget to mention RR use proper full size umbrellas )

For anyone still disappointed they don't have an umbrella, Amazon sell them for £3.29 ( which is £3 more than they're worth )

The only thing I'd miss is if they were to take away the felt from the lower door bins as it stops my water bottle from rattling. That said, have the rear door bins ever been felt lined? I'm not sure they have and I've never read anyone complain about that.

PS - some of these things were removed before MY21 facelift, it's not a MY22 thing.

• Love it! 1

9 hours ago, kodiaqsportline said:

Using my Mr Practical head rather than my Mr Angry at Everything head, my honest thoughts are:

1: Removable torch: Only ever had occasion to use this once on a previous car and it was useles. The light on my mobile phone gave off more illumination.

2: Door lights: Only useful to those other drivers who drive with their lights off in the dark. The door has reflectors so if someone comes along with their lights on, it'll reflect the light.

3: Carpeted lower glovebox: The upper box has a rubber matt so anything that moves goes in the upper box. The lower box in my car houses the car manual so there's not much room for anything else. Besides when people say it's felt lined - is it? Are the sides covered too - nope, they're bare plastic, So even with lined glove boxes, items will rattle on the plastic sides.  

4. Small cubby next to steering wheel. What do people put in this that rattles? It's tiny. It's where I keep my cloths for wiping fingerprints off infotainment screen.

5. Umbrellas.  Now this I really can't understand. How many people have used those umbrellas? They wouldn't protect a mouse from rain and look as if they'd turn inside out if someone farted let alone stand up to any breeze. Look, they're just a gimmick for reviewers to say the only other manufacturer with umbrellas in the door is Rolls Royce. ( they forget to mention RR use proper full size umbrellas )

For anyone still disappointed they don't have an umbrella, Amazon sell them for £3.29 ( which is £3 more than they're worth )

The only thing I'd miss is if they were to take away the felt from the lower door bins as it stops my water bottle from rattling. That said, have the rear door bins ever been felt lined? I'm not sure they have and I've never read anyone complain about that.

PS - some of these things were removed before MY21 facelift, it's not a MY22 thing.

3.  It does reduce rattles by a surprising amount.  You can also do the sides/top if you so wish.

4.  Personally coins for parking (though admittedly less and less thesedays)

5.  I use them a lot.  The best umbrella is the one you have with you!

Agree on the other points. 

On 11/05/2022 at 19:46, apshep said:

No lower boot floor I'm the 7 seat 2022 Sportline which was in my 2018 Edition. That was handy in keeping things clear of the spare tyre and also hiding things in the tyre well

I noticed this at handover while I was checking out the car. So when the dealer was occupied talking through the new car with my wife I quickly took the panel out of our 2018 Kodiaq trade in and put it in the new one.  I also knew about the missing umbrella so one didn't go back with the trade in either.

• Like 1