Audi Throttle modification in VCDS

Hi All

I have a 2014 1.4 TSi Octavia Saloon (Petrol) with the DSG gearbox.

So as per the title speaking to a friend who knows knows about such things, I'm told there is a modification that can be made to improve the throttle response.

This is to change a setting from VM\Skoda to Audi (which changes response to a linear response vs the default non-linear)

(yet in reading around some say it makes no difference at all; while others say it makes a significant difference...?)

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/448365-audi-throttle-response/?tab=comments#comment-5041567

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ryZps0JWiI

In places some say there are also 2 modifications to be applied... 

Based on the YouTube link it indicates that both need to be applied....

Was thinking about a PedalBox and may still do it but insurance is being a pain.

Can anyone out there advise, What the settings are for these 2 config modifications and what does each do.

Is there any eventual proof of the before and after stats anywhere as I've not seen any..?

Id be really interested to hear from anyone who has made these changes and finding out there experience.

Not looking for a race car, just something to get off the mark and out of junctions etc a bit faster.

Kr

Paul

When I tried that tweak on my previous 1.4TSI with a manual gearbox, ACC and parking assist all hell broke loose as it appears to have changed some of the messages on the CAN bus from the engine ECU so the ABS, ACC and parking ECUs all threw fault codes about missing messages, so I do undo the coding change and turn the ignition off/on a few times which clearing the fault codes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/05/2022 at 12:33, Smoothrunnings said:

Hi All

I have a 2014 1.4 TSi Octavia Saloon (Petrol) with the DSG gearbox.

Was thinking about a PedalBox and may still do it but insurance is being a pain.

Kr

Paul

Get the Pedalbox, you won't regret it & with 21 settings you'll be able to tune it to how you want the car to respond.

I had the Audi throttle mod & it wasn't much difference TBH but, until you driven a car with a Pedalbox you just don't know how good it is. Fly by wires throttles are bloody dangerous