Fabia vrs

Thomson

This has been done about a million times I guess but after about 10 years for first getting the itch for a vrs I am looking to buy one.  I havnt had a car for about 4 years 😂 and we just make do with one.  I usually cycle to work everyday. But new job lots off overtime in winter  and different time shifts I am looking for a cheapish 5 door winter car.so this is we’re I can scratch my vrs itch. I am probably looking at about £2000 my budget. I obviously want the best I can afford. Will I get a good spec one for the price?  I notice they are mostly over 100k. Anything I should be looking for? I would like a 2006 or 2007 plate.   Any help would be great. Cheers 

The most important thing is that it has been regularly serviced with the correct oil. I would say correct servicing over low mileage is the better choice, by far.

As for spec, a bit hit and miss. There can't be too many on the road nowadays (I'm sure someone else could be bothered to find that out, but not me!) so I personally wouldn't get too caught up in finding one with the right spec. TBH, there weren't too many upgrades and not too many people bothered with them. 

Look for rust under the front doors / sill area, watermarks on the rear door cards and wet rear passenger footwells. Plenty of posts on here about the usual issues with these.

£2k won't get you much in the current market I reckon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Titanium_Man said:

£2k won't get you much in the current market I reckon.

£2k will get you something over 150k miles roughly, maybe bordering on mildly ropey as well. 

I don't want to talk you out of the vRS since they're cool as hell, but the Elegance comes with a few more toys over the non-'options box ticked' spec vRS at the expense of losing 30hp and the bodykit. Not saying this is what you must do, but it's just food for thought, as they say. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

£2k will get you something over 150k miles roughly, maybe bordering on mildly ropey as well. 

I don't want to talk you out of the vRS since they're cool as hell, but the Elegance comes with a few more toys over the non-'options box ticked' spec vRS at the expense of losing 30hp and the bodykit. Not saying this is what you must do, but it's just food for thought, as they say. :)

There's much sense in this post....but the torque shove is soooooo addictive 😛 

• Love it! 1

Anything for £2k will mostly be a modified or ropey Facebook marketplace job.  I sold mine a few months back for £2650 with less than perfect bodywork (but not rusty), no options and 145k miles.  2.5-3k should get you something pretty tidy and reliable.

• Like 1