'Trusted Garage' status removed ...

b1ackb1rd

My 2012 1.6tdi Greenline went in for a front n/s spring and a CV boot a few weeks ago. 

Apparently the drop link needed to be cut off, so the bill was £300 with labour and the splendid VAT. 

Collecting the car I drove 20 feet before I discovered the drop link was loose, and today after an ABS error on VCDS I discovered this. 

I am not happy ... you'll note the clean marks where the grommet used to sit. 

When I collected the car he was 'chatty', I'm always suspicious of a chatty mechanic trying to get me 'on side' and now I know why - I've got nowhere complaining, so I'll remove my custom and tell the story to everyone in my office that uses the garage so that'll be a few grand less turnover. 

IMG_20220515_173753.jpg

• Sad 2

Hard to see but has he cut through the wheel rotation sensor cable and twisted and taped the wires together?

11 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Hard to see but has he cut through the wheel rotation sensor cable and twisted and taped the wires together?

I’ve seen that done to pad wear wires to get rid of the dash warning light…..?!?

25 minutes ago, Titanium_Man said:

I’ve seen that done to pad wear wires to get rid of the dash warning light…..?!?

Are there any Yeti's that have pad wear indicators?

18 hours ago, J.R. said:

Yes, a proper bodge artist - wheel nuts little more than finger tight too. 

Even if it was a mistake, why not fix it properly? 

17 hours ago, Urrell said:

Are there any Yeti's that have pad wear indicators?

I'm pretty sure mine has and I have a new set of pads with sensor wires attached but I've not changed the pads yet.

Seems the so called mechanic can only talk a good job but should have his arms cut off at the elbows.🤬

28 minutes ago, RickT said:

I'm pretty sure mine has and I have a new set of pads with sensor wires attached but I've not changed the pads yet.

Be interesting to see if it has anything to connect them to.

Seem to recall, a new set of from pads fitted last year also had wear indicator wires and plug or socket, nothing to connect to so I cut 'em off

• Like 1