SKODA FABIA EML LIGHT

i have a skoda, which recently came up with EML light pointing towards my auxiliary coolant pump being at fault, i have had my aux coolant pump changed but within two days the EML light is back on pointing again at the coolant pump, so i changed it again but this time i had my coolant flushed aswell just incase that was causing an issue. again two days later the EML light is back, unsure what to do next, any ideas?

Hi Jason; have you checked fuses? Fuse 29  (10Amp rated) appears to be the one at  a quick glance.  Watch out for confusing fuse diagrams that may need mirroring or rotating to look like the one in your car.

Knowing what engine is in the car may help me to be more sure about that.

will do, i shall change the fuse tonight and put it on the reader tomorrow and see if i can clear the fault and il be back here with the results, have a great day

Are you getting any other fault codes flagged up ? as looking further at the wiring diagrams that fuse #29 also supplies the turbo control valve & the EGR valve so if that fuse has blown I would expect more fault codes to be shown ? 

• Like 1

Where did you get the replacement pump from ? as there is very little in the circuit just the supply from fuse 29, a ground wire and a signal direct from the ECU  

thats the reason i tried the part a second time, i thought the same after the first time, but i thought surely i cant buy 2 parts that dont work. maybe i should bite the bullet and just get a genuine part from skoda, or maybe even take it to a garage and get them to look as they will offer warranty, i was just trying to get this fixed cheaply but my time is now running out with MOT due next month 

Thanks again Nige, thats cheaper than the aftermarket part i brought. i shall try the fuse method tonight, failing that i will give this part one more try and order it tomorrow and get a local garage to fit for me. 

appreciate all your time and help!

have a great day bud 

yes, thats fine, im happy its cheap! :D think the garage will charge me around £70 to fit the part too so isnt too expensive, just need it fixed now, getting stressful with MOT due soon 

changed the fuse last night, havent had chance to clear the fault yet, but it seems as though there was a 5A fuse in 29 which the diagram says should have been 10A

cleared the fault light, it hasnt come instantly back which is promising! as before it was coming back instantly when i cleared it. fingers crossed it was a fuse error.