Yeti 1.2 TSI Elegance (2013) - Real world running costs after 9 years

Paul52

Your figures don't add up, you did not include the depreciation in the list of running costs and if the £16K you estimate is added to the total then by my calculations your running costs would have been £35325 divided by 9 years equals £3925 per year.

I agree regarding the seats, there really is nothing to them so for what they are they are more comfortable than I would expect but poor compared to other vehicles that I have owned.

Darn it. Just when you think you've got a handle on these new-fangled spreadsheets bad eyesight, arthritic fingers and an inability to stay focussed catch you out. Mea culpa, I checked back through my calculations and divided the total costs by 12 months rather than 9 years (for no fathomable reason) so I've corrected that in the original post. Also two MOT's weren't being picked up so I've corrected that. Generally they've been £39 but I did have a couple back a few years that were discounted for some reason - looks like tied in with a service. 

But I'm still very happy with the car and I don't think I can complain at around 50p/mile for running costs.

• Like 2

The running costs both yours and mine would have been significantly less had we signed up with the accident chasing lawyers for a Dieselgate claim - £2100 in yer bin! It would have given me back more than 50% of what my Yeti cost me in total.

Regarding silly prices, can anyone throw a guess at what my vehicle is worth in todays skewed market, its only out of interest I am not intending selling, I would use WBAC again but don't want to be besieged with text messages for 6 months again.

2015 Facelift Yeti "Outdoor" 4x4, 2.0 TDi, 108hp (now remapped to claimed 184hp, probably 170), 110000 miles now.

I think its probably too high mileage to join the silly money estimations.

@J.R. Are they paying out to people that made a claim having bought a used Euro 5 TDI after the Defeat Device scandal was known as well as paying out to the original owners?

PS

They are not paying out on the Diesel Emissions defeat device to those with a 1.2 TSI (Petrol)

Edited by roottoot

I believe so, maybe even paying out more than one time on the same vehicle.

I had never heard of the defeat device scandal until you mentioned it, I am now traumatised having Googled it, I feel violated.

Needs a bit more refining and then repeating until I earnestly believe it!

• Haha 1

I have no recollection of that Milud!

Nor of how mysteriously the fix became unfixed a month ago!