Mk1 Skoda Fabia elegance - fuel cap & boot release??

2003 Silver SKODA Fabia 1.4 16V Elegance 5dr for sale for £2,995 in Bedford, Bedfordshire (autotrader.co.uk)

I believe I have a reasonably good knowledge regarding the Mk1 Fabia but was intrigued by this Fabia showing the standard fuel cap release BUT there seems to be a boot lid release aswell...     Was this an option to add or maybe its standard on a specific year of car?   Anyone care to enlighten? 👍     

1.thumb.jpg.fd3752b4fb1f96a5bd42add08f20e371.jpg2.thumb.jpg.9ad4688131965842da6c93faa2d55c02.jpg

Oh just noticed the same on this car too:

2002 Yellow SKODA Fabia 1.4 Comfort 5dr (a/c) for sale for £1,295 in Hook, Hampshire (autotrader.co.uk)

3.thumb.jpg.906e4210fa51d1a685fdb087485ed61d.jpg

Every day is a school day!

10 hours ago, TMB said:

SS856008.jpg

Thanks 👍

How do you release the hinged fuel cap cover?   Is your actual petrol cap lockable?  Does your key fob have the 'boot release' bottom in the middle between the lock and unlock buttons?   

10 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

I have the opposite issue, Lee. I have a fuel pulley thing that doesn't even work since the spring is missing due to the fuel cap shroud thing being massacred.

20211127_145753.thumb.jpg.707e81c5226394efd6167a9814894c2b.jpg

Thanks 👍

This matches my vRS and assumed this is the only standard setup.   Never knew about the boot release option aswell.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, steveo1 said:

How do you release the hinged fuel cap cover?   Is your actual petrol cap lockable?  Does your key fob have the 'boot release' bottom in the middle between the lock and unlock buttons?   

My fuel door just opens by pulling it and the cap is lockable using the ignition key. I have central locking but there is only open and close buttons on the keys, no boot button.

SS854204.jpg

20180618-172228-HDR-thumb-jpg-32cf17728e

Edited by TMB

Mine has both also although previous owner had somehow lost the plastic cover on the fuel release lever do its just the metal pull which is hard to pull eithout the cover.

51 minutes ago, Stewartasb said:

Mine has both also although previous owner had somehow lost the plastic cover on the fuel release lever do its just the metal pull which is hard to pull eithout the cover.

A breaker would be your best bet... or go and "view" another Fabia... and hope they don't notice. :D