Steering vibration turning at low speed - 2021 VRS

Hello to everyone 

Picked up a 2021 VRS from Skoda Newcastle about 3 weeks ago, nice car in Gray.  I would appreciate your advice on an issue I’m experiencing.  When driving at low speed, parking / turning at say 5 mph 90% right/left lock the steering vibrates.  Any ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-8CtcYUiPag

Removed previous link

Edited by Guest
Video wasn't playing, uploaded to youtube instead

5 hours ago, parsey83 said:

Petrol or diesel? Last time I had what you describe it turned out to be a bulge on the sidewall of the tyre on inside. 

Apologies the car is a petrol.  I’ll get the inner walls checked on Tuesday.

22 hours ago, parsey83 said:

Would say it’s neither, I attached a video but I’m not sure if it’s playing correctly via the site.

1 hour ago, DerekW said:

@parsey83 First ever YouTube upload, I think I'll be using this method from now on https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-8CtcYUiPag

Thanks

I would say this is definitely not normal.  I have mine over a year and a half now and never noticed anything similar.

Exactly, I've had quite a few cars over the years and never experienced this.  The car goes into Skoda for 3 days investigation on the 4th of July.  If they manage to fix it, I'll keep you updated.

You would guess it would be diff related.  It could be worth a search for 2021 Golf GTI forums to see if anyone else has the same issue as they are the same engine/diff.  Its always handy to be as informed as possible before the dealer taking a look.  

Could be a faulty CV joint on driveshaft or even problem with driveshaft boot (which is why it only occurs near full lock).  If it is a 2021 car then almost certainly a fault since manufacturer as wouldn’t have worn that quick

If it was a 10 year old car then would be wear and tear

• 2 weeks later...

Update from Skoda Uk - they have instructed the dealer to replace the DSG gearbox, apparently they are aware of the issue.  As soon as I find out any details I’ll post here.

How can it be the gearbox when it only occurs at 90% right/left lock? Not in a straight line?  I’m baffled.