Problems with fuse 49

I'm not sure if there will be any configuration or key matching required when replacing it. I guess you're buying a second-hand one? Make sure it is exactly the same part number including any letters at the end.

Do you have any VCDS scans that may have the current coding recorded on?

7 minutes ago, Jackieeeeeee said:

Fuse 49 for blinkers and brake lights.

See if the brake lights work with fuse 49 not fitted.  After you've repaired the various cut wires!

Edited by Breezy_Pete

736303257_mk2furbyindiefuses.jpg.3419c62520da9cbb2667635030c3a79c.jpg

867650867_mk2furbybrakefuse.jpg.6f494307dc3b5ad1d6abd565b8fcb714.jpg

The box 123 is from fuse # 8 so unlike the indicators that work on a switched ground from the indicator stalk the brake lights work on a switched +12v from the switch

882175869_mk2furbybrakeswitch.jpg.e298efc63e5de8d77bf1ce6e88436688.jpg

If the 'cooked' BCM is heading for the bin after you've fixed the issue, would you look into what it would cost to send to the UK please @Jackieeeeeee? I'd be curious to do a post-mortem on it, to see what burnt. It might even be repairable; if so I could send it back fixed, perhaps.

22 minutes ago, Jackieeeeeee said:

Also I ordered one with the exact number.

so I hope there is nothing to program about it!

Even though it will have the same part number it doesn't mean it will be coded the same as your current one, you really need to see what the coding is on your current one if it's not completely dead and then see what the coding is on the replacement and if required adjust the coding to match the original 

• Like 1