New Leon FR cheaper than Octy vRS

Zetec-S

wow' date=' 170bhp diesel ina 2WD car :eek:

someone tell BMW that their diesel cars are too powerful for 2WD ;)[/quote']

I was thinking more along the line of rediculous amounts of torque steer.

In a BMW the drive is through the rear wheels so you don't get torque steer.

Hmm you sarcastic bugger :P

Inotice the Leon gets cruise and dual zone climate as standard which is nice..no parking sensors though..not even on the options for the FR?

so the only real option you want is 18's at 350 quid..making it better equipped and cheaper than a bog standard vRS..whats going on here??!!

I was thinking more along the line of rediculous amounts of torque steer.

I thought torque steer was down to unequal length drive shafts? So it would be easy enough to eliminate this, irrespective of the power being put through the front wheels? :confused:

Traction on the other hand might be an issue, but we have all kinds of electronic gizmo's now to allow people to drive beyond their own capabilities! :rofl:

Chris

its going to be a difficult choice..I can getter a better equipped leon for less money and the same performance..but I have to sacrifice some boot space

the leon seats do look nice but fabric only....

Like the fabia vRS... a visit to seat surgeons can fix that.

Also the leon will probably have a sportier ride.

I'd take the leon if it is better speced and priced as long as the dash is of a quality at least up to Octy MK I. Oh and you can spec a nice leater steering wheel as the platic octy one is oh so nasty (in the MK I)

If it had looked like the prototype,interior and all,I would have been very interested http://dealer.seat.co.uk/dealers/index.html

They final production one looks ok in the flesh though.Just wish it had been more like the above.I don't like the interior either.Gives me the same shudder as when I see a Renault steering wheel and centre console.

MK1 Octy (inc vRS) had a pretty poor interior IMO. The MKII (not just vRS) is leagues ahead, the Furby's somewhere in between but presumably the Furby II will be another jump. Superb's getting long in the tooth now and presumably a re-hash of the interior is due (or has just happened - I'm basing this on the Works 54 Superb).

Seat will be doing the same - every new car will be an improvement on the old one - at least from a trim quality point of view.

I still cant see why we're comparing a Leon with an Octy, have you not seen inside the boot? Completely different style of car. Unless it's just the performance and price you're comparing, in which case anyone care to add a 2seater to the discussion?

It's the same class of car that's why :rolleyes: The Octy and Leon are in the same league as the golf and the A3!! It's just badges that differentiate (for me anyways oh and price lol). Having a big boot doesn't mean it's a different motor, yes the octy has a big boot so what!!!!! I bought my vRS MKI over the cupara as I preferred the style (Octy vRS I made me go ooooooooooooooooo when I saw it)

I am buying the Seat ibiza FR TDI that's the same as the Furby vRS. Difference is forit has climate control over pov spec air con :D p.s. that last one wasn't a serious point)

MK1 Octy (inc vRS) had a pretty poor interior IMO. The MKII (not just vRS) is leagues ahead, the Furby's somewhere in between but presumably the Furby II will be another jump. .

The dash etc on the MKI Octy is IMHO miles ahead of the quality of plastics etc on the Furby. Will agree that the MKII octy is nice though. (Admitedly this was the facelifted version of the MK I so i don't know if the older one was any different)

The dash etc on the MKI Octy is IMHO miles ahead of the quality of plastics etc on the Furby. Will agree that the MKII octy is nice though. (Admitedly this was the facelifted version of the MK I so i don't know if the older one was any different)

It was an 04 or a 54 I drove I think - it was a courtesy car (OCty I VRS) and it struck me how low rent it was compared to both the Octy II and the Furby. Just personal opinion :P