Order placed

Hi all. Order placed yesterday for a Kodiaq

Never had an SUV before, currently driving a 2019 Octavia estate 2.0 TDI SE Technology, one of the last of the Mk3's

Have ordered a 2.0 TDI 150 SE Drive 5 Seat in energy blue, poverty spec as they say.

I'm leasing, so was restricted to certain models and trying to keep costs down.

Toss up between 1.5 petrol and 2.0 diesel, diesel won as I have that engine now in the octavia and didn't fancy the loss of torque on top of the heavier weight of the car

Was a tough call on SE drive vs SEL, SE drive won as it was cheaper and also the only model with 5 seats. I'll never use the 3rd row of seats, so the bigger boot, better 0-60 and better fuel economy of the 5 seat won out over the leather seats of the SEL

The colour, again, me being tight, didn't fancy an extra £600 over the length of the lease to go for grey, so sticking with the blue which i have now in the octavia. A slight concern that the kodiaq being so much bigger that the blue may be a bit much, but we'll see.

My only other concern is how different will it feel going from a mk3 octy to a 2022/3 kodiaq, how different are the interiors and 'feel' of the car, will i after a couple of weeks feel like i'm not in a new car?

Anyway, been told lead time is 26 weeks, not sure how realistic that is, anyone know? Guess i just need to forget all about it for 6 months or so

Cheers

Brighty

21 hours ago, Brighty75 said:

Anyway, been told lead time is 26 weeks, not sure how realistic that is, anyone know? Guess i just need to forget all about it for 6 months or so

Impossible to know how realistic that is. To be on the safe side, and as it's a lease order,  I would assume it'll be 12-18 months. Then if it comes sooner it'll be a nice surprise.