One Step Forward, Two back.

Well once I had my O2 Sensor replaced after waiting six weeks (ref another post of mine), I thought the issues with this car may be over.....errr NO.

Away in the Lake District last weekend and I was getting a warning for Emergency Phone U/S Contact Workshop along with a popping noise from the roof area (is there a speaker hidden in the roof panel?).

Last Monday when starting up to Drive home from work my old friend the EPB and AUTO HOLD wouldn't auto release (no warnings with this). Ref one of my posts from last year, I booked the car into the supplying dealer in September 2021 to get the EPC and AUTO HOLD sorted. At the time I was told there was no fault code recorded or Software updates available even though others on this and other forums had received an EPB update.

Time to try another dealer outside my area I think??????? Both my nearest dealers  have been hard work over the last few years with fixing things. No fault code no fix. 

Anyone have experience of dealers in the Manchester / Warrington / Liverpool areas?

Going to have a chat with a VW independent this week see what they can tell me.

Have the same issues as you mate , POP POP then emergency blah blah. When i go to restart the car after every pop event i get no registered user and spinning disk on screen.

I have rejected this car but staying till my new other brand arrives. I called my dealer and asked for the 1896 update or something that fixes these annoying distracting errors..

Dealer , hmm not aware of any updates. So mate good luck wherever you go , the brand doesn't seem to care . Brand as VW group!

I also have an intermittent auto hold not releasing problem.  Been to the dealers who could not replicate and said there is nothing they know of in terms of software update.  Flicking the gear selector into S mode seems to release the brakes or restarting the car.

Thanks for the comments guys.

As far as the EPB /AUTO HOLD goes just keeping my foot on the brake pedal or flipping the EPB switch on an off. Hope the EPB switch is durable and going to last. 

Interesting I've read that this was an issue with  VW T Rocs and VW put out new software to fix some time ago. Why haven't Skoda done the same?