System updates

I recently bought a new Kodiaq SEL Exec. I have been offered no updates. I’m connected to the internet as Spotify works and I think I have got Connect running. On my last Skoda (2018 Superb) wihich had a larger screen display, there were always map updates for various countries. On the Kodiaq there is nothing.

It is showing me:

Hardware H22

Software 0304

navigation database 22.5

Radio database 1.30.24

thanks

If it does not show any uodates then probably there are no updates for your car.

When there is an update, it usually shows a number at the top middle if the infotainment screen to let you know there is a notification/update.

In addition to the number showing how many updates are available, if you drag down the bar at top centre of screen, a menu will show notifications of updates available.

1 hour ago, Kenny R said:

In addition to the number showing how many updates are available, if you drag down the bar at top centre of screen, a menu will show notifications of updates available.

Mine is saying that there are no notifications. The Superb used to have an option to go to map updates from the NAV screen and it would offer every European country with map dates.

8 hours ago, PeterGu said:

Mine is saying that there are no notifications. The Superb used to have an option to go to map updates from the NAV screen and it would offer every European country with map dates.

What was the process for updating them -was it not downloading them from a map portal onto a SD Card first?

For better or for worse, today's models ( MIB3) will automatically update over-the-air.

You need to forget all about the older systems, MIB3 works differently.

Edited by kodiaqsportline

7 hours ago, kodiaqsportline said:

What was the process for updating them -was it not downloading them from a map portal onto a SD Card first?

No... you could do OTA updates on MIB2 if you wanted (via SIM card or via WiFi), you didn't have to use an SD card / USB stick.

Edit: Could? I guess you probably still can!

Edited by Yogi-Bear

6 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

No... you could do OTA updates on MIB2 if you wanted (via SIM card or via WiFi), you didn't have to use an SD card / USB stick.

Edit: Could? I guess you probably still can!

The point was they weren't automatic. MIB3 is automatic only for us plebs. Other than visit the dealership we can no longer manually update the system. Seem to remember some Russian on here said they could but I'm not sure any other markets can.

Also seem to recall someone saying after a software update the Upload via USB worked but would need some reminding of that because as far as I'm aware, nobody else appears to be able to manually update the system / maps. Those of us with MIB3 need to forget all about the older systems otherwise this subject will never go away. How many threads have there been over the various Skoda models on updating the software on newer cars? The same topic seems to crop up at least once a week.

Edited by kodiaqsportline

My understanding is the MIB2 (MY20) will offer a map update automatically when planning a route that has new map data available for that part of the map (i.e. the route thats plotted). 

I could never get the OTA map downloads to work on my 2019 Kodiaq with MIB2, even though I had the Connect service purchased and activated.

I always end up downloading it from the Skoda download portal, and installing it via SD card. Map updates seem to be released every 6 months or so.

Update portal (skoda-auto.com)

You'll need to enter your VIN.