What aftermarket head unit will fit my Skoda?

I've been searching around like a madman for days but is none the wiser. I'm looking to replace my stock stereo in my Skoda Octavia Mk 3 -14 with a new head unit that supports bluetooth, has nav, apps, and all of that stuff. I've got an Android phone. I'm a bit confused as to the installation part, if I need coding or not and what (if any) extra tools, adapters or wires I need. I'm pretty sure I can install it myself since I have a history of building and repairing computers. Any advice would be appreciated. Here's what my stereo looks like right now:

IMG20220716213556.jpg.e2bae69d1e9aa76c6802067b2050856b.jpg

IMG20220716213631.jpg.110b2e4888f8244f8b1b78a748c8648c.jpg

Whatever you put in you will need a new surround from Skoda. I have in the past used the Erisin ones and had no issues with them

John 

2 minutes ago, jjc said:

Whatever you put in you will need a new surround from Skoda. I have in the past used the Erisin ones and had no issues with them

John 

Why do I need a new surround? Wouldn't there be an adapter or something to solve that issue?

11 minutes ago, MrApricot said:

Why do I need a new surround? Wouldn't there be an adapter or something to solve that issue?

Surround or adapter you're both talking about the same thing, just using different words.

• Like 1

I put an aftermarket unit in my Skoda for the same price as a second hand genuine unit. I got it from Audio Tech Direct. They were really helpful and got me everything I needed to do a straight swap (including the surround for the dashboard).

It's still going strong 3 years later, but there are times I wish I'd got a genuine 2nd hand unit instead.