Assisted lane change making its way into Octavia Mk IV

VW will also gather information and experience how that feature works. In my opinion it is better to introduce features little by little and have it working properly. And not to release self autonomous driving on motorway over one night. 

Anyway it is way different to test on few cars in laboratory conditions compared to people actually using these features in public. 

I really wouldn't want this in my car, and its not something i'm interested in using.  The roads in the UK are so poor it just wouldn't work properly.  Lane assist is bad enough and is always tugging at the wheel when i'm not expecting.  Its interesting how many people in this thread are looking forward to this sort of tech though.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, liveseytowers said:

I really wouldn't want this in my car, and its not something i'm interested in using.  The roads in the UK are so poor it just wouldn't work properly.  Lane assist is bad enough and is always tugging at the wheel when i'm not expecting.  Its interesting how many people in this thread are looking forward to this sort of tech though.  

You are confusing lane assist with travel assist. Assisted lane change is an extension to travel assist, which keeps you smack in the middle of the lane, no tugging. 

• Like 1

Not sure where you are but UK roads are so bad that it wont work reliably, even on the motorways my car constantly loses 'lock' on the lane because the lane markings are so bad, then it keeps telling me to drive in the middle of the lane or 'take control' as it thinks its wandering around even though its smack bang in the middle of the lane. The roads will need sorting for all the smart tech to work if it relies, as the Skoda does, on lane markings. Road works, temporary markings and poor markings all cause it to get confused. 

2 hours ago, matrix2020 said:

Not sure where you are but UK roads are so bad that it wont work reliably, even on the motorways my car constantly loses 'lock' on the lane because the lane markings are so bad, then it keeps telling me to drive in the middle of the lane or 'take control' as it thinks its wandering around even though its smack bang in the middle of the lane. The roads will need sorting for all the smart tech to work if it relies, as the Skoda does, on lane markings. Road works, temporary markings and poor markings all cause it to get confused. 

Fortunately if you don't like it or it doesn't work properly in your environment, the solution is really simple, don't use it 😄

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

From what I’ve experienced trying to get pACC and TSR activated, I wouldn’t hold my breath hoping that Assisted Lane Change will be activated even if you have all the correct equipment already on your car. Skoda don’t appear to give a monkeys with regards  to their existing customers. 

• Like 1