Sold. Racechip XLR pedal box

facet edge

I have recently sold my Superb 1.4 ts  and have the pedal box for sale.    https://www.racechip.com/pedal-box/xlr.html

For those of you who haven't heard of this, it smooths out the throttle response and removes that irritating slow unilinear response that you get on the first quarter of throttle travel.

It's very easy to fit, just take off the plug on the top of the accelerator pedal and plug this in.  

You can dial the response from slow to extremely fast.

£90 wanted, a good saving on the new price of around £200

20220720_092142.jpg

20220720_092155.jpg

20220720_092215.jpg

Edited by facet edge
Sold.

I'm sorry but I don't know if it would work.

I'm not sure how you could find out, other than trying it.

Unless of course any other member has experience of this.

Edited by facet edge

2016. It has the 1.4 petrol engine.

I would think that the connections on the throttle are the same for all the superbs but I don't know whether they are set up differently for different engines, however the pedal box only modifies the output from the throttle so I wouldn't be surprised to find it works on other engines.

Edited by facet edge

14 minutes ago, facet edge said:

The money is in. Please give me your name and address and I will get it in the post.

I really hope it works as well😄

Sent via PM

I presume you've already had a look at the manual but one thing people don't realise is that once the 'optimal' setting is found, the adjusting control doesn't need to be connected.

Ideal for a stealth look. 😉

13 hours ago, petrolcan said:

Arrived today, ignored instructions and fitted it and it only bloody works perfectly :D

Thank you @facet edge, perfect transaction.

In really happy that it works for you. I'm sure you will find the car much more responsive now.

9 minutes ago, john999boy said:

I presume you've already had a look at the manual but one thing people don't realise is that once the 'optimal' setting is found, the adjusting control doesn't need to be connected.

I just stuck it in the small box on the drivers side. Completely hidden.

• facet edge changed the title to Sold. Racechip XLR pedal box
4 hours ago, NZ100 said:

What settings have you tried ?

All of them :D

Suspect it will stay in S mode for the bulk of the time. R and R+ might get costly on front tyres and fuel 🤣

3 hours ago, facet edge said:

In really happy that it works for you. I'm sure you will find the car much more responsive now.

Indeedy, haven't been out today as yet as I suspect it'll take me a little bit of driving to work out what the best settings are for given situations.

Thanks again :)

3 hours ago, john999boy said:

Look at the manual? Are you quite mad? 😆

N seems to have the stock setting. E & E+ make the stock setting worse, if that were possible.

I appear to have settled on the S setting for everyday use as it has improved throttle response to what it should have been from factory (IMHO)

R+ is grin inducing fun too though :laugh:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...