EPB & Auto Hold Not Releasing Issue - Again.

Folks,

Appreciate this subject has been talked to death but I need some information from the forum to assist my case. 

As one of my previous posts explains I've had the issue of EPB and Auto Hold not auto releasing intermittently since delivery and the supplying dealer won't do anything (no fault codes logged). It seemed to work fine for a few months earlier this year but as of three weeks ago the auto release its totally U/S.

Now, the exact same issue has been reported on various VAG forums but in all but one there was no known fix, owners are living with the fault (one VW TRoc owner had a Software fix which worked long term).

If anyone has experienced this issue on their Octavia Mk4 and has received a fix that actually worked, could you let me know please.  

Going to contact a few independent VAG garages and other dealers in the North West next week. Enough is enough.

Many thanks.

Unfortunately not. Looking at the kit for this on a YouTube video last night. Seeing as my daughter has recently changed her old Audi A1 for a new one may pay to invest in the kit for both cars.

• Like 1

I had the autohold not releasing the brakes issue on a 2021 octavia combi manual. First i had a clutch pedal position sensor (?) replaced, but that did not help. Later in june -21 a software patch was issued and i haven't had any problems since. So there should be a fix available.

1 hour ago, Skodamias said:

I had the autohold not releasing the brakes issue on a 2021 octavia combi manual. First i had a clutch pedal position sensor (?) replaced, but that did not help. Later in june -21 a software patch was issued and i haven't had any problems since. So there should be a fix available.

Thanks for that. I had mine booked into the supplying dealer (Vantage) back in September 2021 for this, but they weren't aware of any S/W fix then (bear in mind this is the same service dept that wanted to charge me £90+ for a diagnostic check for an engine management light last May, luckily there was a fault code logged!). 

Don't suppose you have a reference or campaign number? Appreciate it's a  while back.

Good information for when I start ringing round tomorrow 👍

Thanks again.

For a fairly low fee, you could make account on https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do there you can input your VIN, and if there are any outstanding campaigns they will be flagged to you.
You can download a list of PR Codes fitted to your car (handy for when you are buying parts to check if they actually fit your car)

You can download wiring diagrams/repair information if you are planning on keeping the car for a few more years, will be helpful for repairs.

This was lifted from a VW Golf Mk8 forum, and this references the famous SW1896 software update for the MMI unit.

You may find that the parts fitted to a Golf are also on your Skoda... no real surprise there.

Main takeaway for this, is you can see just how many modules have to get the SW updated, and Brake electronics is part of this equation.

872288584_CU91CU.thumb.jpg.8013a4cd12555e580a88e047f56c4d37.jpg

So you can visit the erWin site armed with your VIN and bank card to get any campaign(s) outstanding on your car, and the visit won't be wasted as you can grab wiring diagrams/repair manuals.  Money well spent IMHO.

6 minutes ago, AviationNut said:

Brilliant, thanks 😊 

If you do go ahead, report back any campaign(s) listed.

And a dealer has same information, so should check their computer and action it (pay attention to the list of "customer compaints" and drop some of those in a conversation with front desk, they should search, failing that demand XXYY campaign be sorted!)

3 hours ago, AviationNut said:

Thanks for that. I had mine booked into the supplying dealer (Vantage) back in September 2021 for this, but they weren't aware of any S/W fix then (bear in mind this is the same service dept that wanted to charge me £90+ for a diagnostic check for an engine management light last May, luckily there was a fault code logged!). 

Don't suppose you have a reference or campaign number? Appreciate it's a  while back.

Good information for when I start ringing round tomorrow 👍

Thanks again.

Sorry, i have no reference or campaign number for the fix.

I've had this issue twice, both related to the clutch.  First time it happened was immediately after the clutch had been replaced, I was told it was a faulty ABS control unit which also was the cause of the clutch issues I had been experiencing.  I then had it happen again a few months later, the clutch and flywheel ended up getting replaced that time.  Not had the full on issue since, although it does get a bit 'sticky' sometimes.  I don't know how these issues were related to the clutch exactly, but 3 clutches in all fine!

• 1 month later...

OK so had the car booked into another local dealer late last month for the Auto Hold and EPC auto release issue who confirmed it needed a major Software upgrade which would take a few hours. Booked in this morning for the upgrade, just collected it and I must say driving the twenty miles home there is no difference. Not sorted. Thought it was me at first but having tried countless times at home fairly sure it's not.  Had the S/W fix for the SOS phone popping at the same time, hopefully fixed now.

Just simmering down a little before I ring the dealer back.

Spare a thought for my daughter with her twelve month old Audi A1. Alarm keeps going of once its been set and as of this morning she cannot get an appointment at the supplying dealer until the end of November. Siren now been temporarily disabled!!!!!!

• Sad 1