A/c not cold

Iv recently purchased a 2014 octavia mk3 vrs diesel their a/c doesn't blow cold I have scanned with vcds no codes iv had it regassed and vacuum tested and all good so now stumped has anyone else had similar issue??

We had (with our mk 2) a very long saga of regassing and endless bills. Eventually one garage found tiny pinholes in the radiator that were causing it. After that - bliss and no further probs. Worth a very close look... 

• Like 1

I had exactly the same as dodnkeytrouser with a MkII, a miniscule hole caused by rust. Passed vacuum tests and would work for a year or two then then start to fail and needed a regassing.  Eventually the hole grew and found with a dye test .  

So much the better. 

Their business is selling cars and if they have not got mechanics capable of making the car merchantable quality then they need someone else to fix it.

The issue is if you went and had the re-gassing done yourself and you really should have been vack to them if a very recent purchase.

You are covered under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 for 6 months from the date of purchase. Basically any used car had a 6 month warranty despite what the garage says it is law. If they don't abide by it or try and b.s  you saying their warranty does not cover it. You can take them to a small claims court but you have to give them one attempt to repair it.

18 hours ago, Derbylad82 said:

Iv recently purchased a 2014 octavia mk3 vrs diesel their a/c doesn't blow cold I have scanned with vcds no codes iv had it regassed and vacuum tested and all good so now stumped has anyone else had similar issue??

If no fault codes present on a proper dealer level code reader like VCDS or compressor shut down code then it will be either a sticking G65(?) modulating valve, shear plate sheared or the alloy drive hub splines stripped.

Those are the only conditions that I know where the ECU has commanded the aircon & believes it is working but the pump is not actually turning.

Rookie

Still isn't cold their is no fault codes on vcds and recently had regassed still not cold any suggestions?? Or anything too look for with vcds been suggested by a friend who a mechanic the suction pump on the compressor is a common fault any suggestions??

Awaiting the garage too get back to me still