Anti-theft Alarm

CJJE

Had an interesting experience last night...

Just before 10 pm the My Skoda app on my phone reported that my anti-theft alarm had been triggered, so I went to have a look at my Karoq which was parked on my drive as usual. Sure enough the indicators were flashing, but there was no-one about and the external lights on my house hadn't been triggered (normally they will come on whenever a neighbouring cat walks past!). So I unlocked and relocked the car to clear the alarm.

A few minutes later the app told me the alarm had been triggered again, so I went outside to check, but again there was no-one around. I opened and closed the doors, checked the windows were closed and relocked the car. But as I was about to return to the house the alarm went off again!

By this time I was wondering if it was being triggered by a spider inside the car, so I sat in it to have a look, and found a large moth with a very chunky body fluttering around. I opened the doors to let it out, relocked the car and problem solved as I've had no more alarms since.

But...

1) I hadn't been in the car since last Thursday (4 days ago) so where had the moth been? Had it pupated inside the car somewhere? Or had it somehow entered via the ventilation system?

2) The Remote Access part of the My Skoda app seems to work very well as each time the car alarm was triggered I got a warning on my phone from the app, and also an email! 

Chris

Great to hear how sensitive the system is! I'd say the moth could've found a cozy home in the boot or somewhere and then pupated out? Can't imagine one being alive without water/food for 4 days and it not triggering the alarm before!

4 hours ago, Kenny R said:

Worrying the alarm siren didn’t go off, or if it did you didn’t hear it.

The alarm did sound briefly, but it wasn't the car horn, and we were in the back of the house watching TV so didn't hear it the first time. It seems to be a higher-pitched siren than the normal horn. 

Chris

I had a warning on my phone on the My Skoda app, plus an email, when my dash cam fell off the windscreen last week due to the hot weather. 

This was handy as I couldn't see/hear my car where it was parked.

• Like 1

I had a similar experience a few days ago.  I had an email and a text message saying that the alarm had been triggered.  No it hadn't, the car was sitting outside my window and I think I would have noticed.  I went outside and everything was locked.  I unlocked the car, opened and closed all the doors and locked it up again.

Unfortunately, my Skoda app/connect to no longer works. It expired and despite customer services/Skoda dealer intervention I’m unable to get past the “become primary user issue”.  Get to the end of the process and it keeps saying “try again or contact customer services”. No matter what I do nothing works. Very frustrating

Edited by mistac