Skoda Dealers last in Driver Power 2022

SurreyJohn

The Driver power survey of dealers has just been released, and Skoda were 16th of 16 (some brands were not included due to not enough responses)

This year and its widely publicised shortages of new cars have brought frustration for many buyers, who have been kept waiting for deliveries, often with little effective communication from dealers.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/driver-power/92307/best-car-dealers-2022

Skoda The results show it’s the new-car sales side that’s keeping the Czech brand’s scores down, with buyers ranking the firm’s retail operations next to bottom in the survey. Buyers don’t appear that impressed either by dealership facilities, staff performance or the deals they’re driving away with. That translates as parking provision scoring poorly, and low ratings for product knowledge and explanations during handovers, as well as low satisfaction with prices.

Skoda’s aftersales scores are more middle of the range, with a 10th place for courtesy, and 11th for workmanship, but only 16th for dealer facilities.

• Like 4

My Yeti is my third Skoda supplied and serviced by my local main dealer.  I was originally very pleased with the performance of this main dealer and indeed wrote glowing reviews in the 'Dealer Reviews' section. But everything seemed to change when the dealer adopted Skoda's corporate image.  Following recent experiences at this dealer, I've hidden the reviews I wrote and will now look to an independent for future servicing/repair. I very much doubt my next car will be a Skoda.

Can't say I'm surprised, but it is a shame that the dealers focus is more on looking good and less on how they serve their customers.

I want to be able to leave my car with someone I am confident will treat it with care, work on it with expertise, and charge a fair price for work carried out.

I didn't make a fuss, I just quietly voted with my feet and wallet and now go to a trusted independent.

2 hours ago, KenONeill said:

@Norton Ian Ah yes, I also don't use Skoda main stealers.

Nor do I normally but got 2 services included with purchase deal. Foolishly thought it meant I wouldn't get a big bill for a couple of years.

• 3 weeks later...