Usb charging

My new Octavia just came and it now has 2 usb-c connectors. Even with engine running the phone wired in doesn't indicate it's charging properly (only indication is a notification to say charging via usb if I pull down the notifications menu). When plugged into mains charger the battery symbol changes and it gives time to full charge, but not in car.

Suggests low current charging perhaps.

Also, I notice Android Auto now connects wirelessly, which I great, but ideally would need a plug in wireless charger now.

Took the wireless charger I use in the house and plugged it into those usb-c ports but no joy.

Any comments or recommend a charging mat that works and fits in that rectangular space (Octavia SE DSG e-tech estate 1.0)

Sure in the old car I plugged the phone it and it sprang to life charging properly but no more.

After playing around a bit it is working now on a lead, but my wireless charger isn't working reliably. Anyone use one they can recommend (that fits in that rectangular space)?

Thanks

Have a look at the latter part of this thread; the wireless charging pad I bought (as mentioned early on in the thread) fits well but no longer available. There are others mentioned 

Edited by sneal
  • Like 1