IMG_9912.JPG

IMG_9914.JPG

IMG_9916.JPG

IMG_9915.JPG

Edited by Wonderloaf
  • Sad 2
  • Crying 3

2 hours ago, roottoot said:

Likely Written Off by your Insurance as an Un-economic repair, but it will be bought and repaired and stay on the road by someone that can economically repair it. 

Thought that would be the case! Not sure I can deal with another 11 month wait for a replacement. 

Probably more than the car is worth to put it right, at least in the eyes of the insurance.

With the right knowhow of qualified professionals that could probably be put right provided it isn't completely FUBAR underneath etc.

That sucks though, man. Glad you're okay.

• Like 1

Just now, varooom said:

I hope you do manage to sleep ok.

Seeing your damage reminded me of my accident.

Fingers crossed you don't have whiplash.

I've never been in an accident before, my mate who has was saying it's tomorrow morning I have to worry about lol

2 minutes ago, Wonderloaf said:

That looks sore, please tell me it wasn't a head that cracked the window? 

Oddly I was on my own, and both airbags went off.

Almost 56k miles, and it never gave 1 fault code.

But after a few years pass, you realise it's just a car and can be replaced.

Unless you are working yourself up for a compo claim there is no way that a scrape along the side like that is going to give the driver any physical pain, pain in the wallet, anger, frustration, all the other emotions yes but not physical pain.

Edited by J.R.

1 hour ago, varooom said:

I wonder how you are feeling today @Wonderloaf?

I dare say the pain if you are going to get them, will manifest a bit more now.

Just stiff and a bit sore really and ****ed that the car is wrecked which means I can't go shooting 😞

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Unless you are working yourself up for a compo claim there is no way that a scrape along the side like that is going to give the driver any physical pain, pain in the wallet, anger, frustration, all the other emotions yes but not physical pain.

She hit me side on hard enough to spin me nearly 180 degrees. That’s why the whole side is bent in. 

2 minutes ago, varooom said:

Good to hear you are not too bad, being sore is to be expected sadly, best to keep mobile if you can.

Changes a lot of things, no courtesy car provided then for you yet, or a WIP type deal (Monday)

No courtesy car stuff sorted yet, it’s a company car so if have to submit everything to my director who then sends it on. Probably going to be sticker driving the wrecked work transporter for a few days! 

has made me realise I should really get the Sapphire back on the road again. 

C5DCFFF9-AFC1-47B6-8B37-7DC7DFD10A0E.thumb.jpeg.0ecc5eabc7ba0d351967bd117fc2744e.jpeg

• Cheeky 1

16 minutes ago, Wonderloaf said:

She hit me side on hard enough to spin me nearly 180 degrees. That’s why the whole side is bent in. 

And no airbags deployed? 🥴

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

And no airbags deployed? 🥴

Nope, Not even a warning light on in my car lol. Her airbags didn't go off either! Although the polo was a heap so they may not even work

That will end up back on the road and not even be shown as a Cat S (structural damage), my vehicle was because the airbags had deployed yet the only bodywork damage was 2 broken plastic slats in the radiator grill and some scuffing to the front bumper which mostly polished out, I still have the same bumper on the vehicle, it looks no different to one on any other high mileage vehicle yet it is recorded as Cat S structural damage.

I have no doubt it'll be fixed. What complicates it is my lease company has a predicted value at the end of my term. If this devalues the car they may decide to not have it fixed as they'll 'loose' money over the 3 1/4 years left on my term. Makes it a bit more complicated as I'm not going to have any say in what happens really. 

• 1 month later...

Is the 340i streets ahead of the VRS apart from the obvious interior space? Also I wonder how much the hire car bill from the accident management /money making company is adding to the £10K repair cost.