New EGR valve now showing multiple EGR valve faults plus Stop Start error

Hi. I have a Skoda Rapid 1.4 diesel.  I recently had my EGR valve replaced with a genuine part. Before it was throwing up EGR valve stuck closed and EML was constantly on. Now the EML comes on 70-80% of the time and usually has multiple codes. Including stuck closed, stuck open, circuit error and circuit pressure low. I have also had occasional glow plug flashing and stop start error on the dash, although when it’s plugged into the computer, no stop start error codes are displayed. 
Could there be a fault that is causing all these errors? Or could it be a duff EGR valve from TPS? Anybody who’s had any similar issues to me that managed to get this sorted? I’d very much appreciate to hear from you. 

You may have had a fault code that said EGR this that and the other, leading you to replace it.  There's a chance the replacement is defective of course, but sometimes what is happening is an issue in another location, that is making trouble elsewhere.

What tool was used to adapt the EGR (I think they need a calibration?)

Do you have VCDS or something else to get some live diagnostic values if asked later on?

Maybe a wiring fault is causing all the random messages also, not saying it is of course.

15 hours ago, varooom said:

You may have had a fault code that said EGR this that and the other, leading you to replace it.  There's a chance the replacement is defective of course, but sometimes what is happening is an issue in another location, that is making trouble elsewhere.

Do you have VCDS or something else to get some live diagnostic values if asked later on?

Maybe a wiring fault is causing all the random messages also, not saying it is of course.

I have it booked into a garage with ODIS on Monday. I hoping they are able to give me some more definitive answers. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, varooom said:

I have it booked into a garage with ODIS on Monday. I hoping they are able to give me some more definitive answers. 

I’ve now been told that the car has 2 EGR valves. One is the low pressure EGR valve. It doesn’t sound right to me? 

13 minutes ago, manccabbie said:

I’ve now been told that the car has 2 EGR valves. One is the low pressure EGR valve. It doesn’t sound right to me? 

In the garden at the moment, unless someone else replies soon.

What's your engine code? (V5 should show this)

The car is running fine now but the EML won’t stay off for more than 100 miles. I’ve heard some people say that this can be bypassed but you need a garage with ODIS to do this. Is this true? And is this something you’d advise against? I’m just trying to get it through it’s taxi plate and they won’t pass it when the EML is coming on, I cleared it off before the test but it came on during and got a fail. 

• Like 1

You do really need to get the system fixed properly, otherwise you may create an issue elsewhere in the system later on.

ODIS is not designed to switch things off, although it probably can adjust some values that might change when the EGR kicks in, as above, you'll just end up with another new fault code elsewhere.

So bottom line is get it fixed and then through MOT as needed.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have same problem-.2 litre diesel 2010 Yeti-egr popped and smoked engine bay and cabin. I got the EGR replaced with one from Autodoc (my pal is VW tech but what a mission) but the eml light came on after a few miles.

I had it reset and recalibrated but still comes on after a while. VW mastertech said it due to patent part but suggested just getting it mapped out as car is fine. Car runs fine and i can reset the light myself by disconecting the battery for 10 mins.  This will be my last diesel, if they push out ULEV I'm buggered anyway.