2017 L&K hatch washer not working

Hi, I've recently noticed that my rear washer's not working. Fronts work fine as do the light washers and even the rear number plate washer work, just not the rear windscreen one. I'm not seeing any water spilling out as if there's a split there. I would normally just bowl in and stick a needle in the holes, but didn't want to break anything. Just wondering if it's a common issue and if there's a quick fix? 

Edit: the wiper works fine

Thanks in advance

Edited by Smudger2

Something like this is what youll need.

EDIT: Wrong part number

Correct part number is 1Z5955985 which is the jet from the rear brake light

It will be blocked up, its not worth cleaning for the price of it. 

Edited by ApertureS
  • Thanks 1

Did that fix your issue?

I'm experiencing the same thing on my Superb. I used to get some fluid coming out, I think it was the jet that was "misaligned" and so it didn't spray across the full length of the wiper. But now there's nothing coming out of the jet, even with the jet removed there is no water when the wiper function has been activated.

Thinking I'll have to take it in for them to look at. 🙄

34 minutes ago, SomethingSuperbly said:

Did that fix your issue?

I'm experiencing the same thing on my Superb. I used to get some fluid coming out, I think it was the jet that was "misaligned" and so it didn't spray across the full length of the wiper. But now there's nothing coming out of the jet, even with the jet removed there is no water when the wiper function has been activated.

Thinking I'll have to take it in for them to look at. 🙄

No, afraid not. I didn't actually get a new one but when I took the old one off and made sure there were no blocks, it still didn't work. I need to take it off again and get the missus to stand there and tell me if there's anything coming out without the jet thing on. And if not, get the cladding off the boot lid and see if i can trace it back. The number plate washer bit seems to be working so water's at least getting back there... 

Edited by Smudger2
Typo

I've got this issue on my late 2017 L&K hatch, the Skoda dealer managed to clear the blockage the first time it went in, but it left a nasty horrible rusty residue all over my boot lid. It then proceeded to block up again and they can no longer clear it. I've been advised that the pump is built into the wiper motor and that they can replace it to the tune of £209.

It seems it uses different parts to the estate, where you can just replace the pump. I really wish I could get it working, but it's not worth £200 to put it right.

Mine's a liftback and also a 2017 plate (mine after the first three years). Wondering if this is a common fault or if we're all just unlucky?

I've got mine booked in this Friday, dealer told me that this might not be covered under warranty (Skoda All-in Service Plan) due to wear and tear, foreign blockage or whatever. I've only ever filled up with water and the special VAG concentrated jet wash fluid so I wonder if that's ground to argue it?

Edited by SomethingSuperbly

Hey guys, so today I managed to clear out the blockage on my Superb. I wonder if this would be of help to you guys? I did come across some brown rusty looking residue while clearing it out. Let me know if you need any help if you're going to attempt this.

• Thanks 1

To some this might sound like a cop out but the main cause of this is the screen wash itself. There are lots of things that can happen.

- Incorrect mixing ratio

- Mixing screenwash brands

- Leaving it sitting in the tank for a very long time

- Low quality screenwash

basically the screen wash when incorrect can create a jelly like substance, algae or just a bacteria build up and this blocks the filter mesh and also the pipes/nozzles.

BMW was terrible for it at one stage as their oe screenwash when mixed with others solidified almost.

I even had a open 40L drum of scented concentrate screenwash in my garage (only used about 5 litres), after about 6-12 months I noticed floaters in the screenwash, a little bit after that there were pieces of sediment in the bottom. Ended up pouring it away and a big sheet of jelly just sat on top of the drain grate. The stuff was extremely cheap and now I know why 

• Thanks 1

Well, mine's fixed now. Not sure why. I had previously taken off and cleaned the nozzle, put it back and it still wasn't working. So when I eventually got round to it, I took the nozzle off again, asked my wife to look at it while I went and did the spray thing. Cue big jet of water coming out vertically and soaking my wife (result!). Put the nozzle back on and it's working again, although I need to redirect the jets a bit. 

• Haha 1