Third brake light replacement Octavia mk1 vRS

Hi everyone. I would like to say thank you to nige8021 for helping with a part I needed which was for the third brake light in the spoiler. I have got the replacement  light, but I can’t see any fixings..how do I remove and replace light. 
many thanks 

14DE839B-1CC8-41B4-9A6B-84AEC50FDDE4.jpeg

Hi there. You need to open the boot lid and then carefully remove the top plastic panel (the one that is underneath your brake light). You just need to pry it. 

Then you will see that the third light is attached by clips. You need to push them in order to release the third brake light. 

You will also have to remove the electrical connector and the rear wiper tube from your third brake light. 

Fitting the new is the reverse order. 

Edited by stratosg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi stratosg 

thanks for the pictures I really appreciate it. I followed your instructions.
C2FBAE0C-D31B-4C49-A7C3-7711107D78F1.thumb.jpeg.b0233ece8c80863aa5fba237770faddd.jpeg

77C65D0A-D59D-49D4-8955-EC0B48AF9274.jpeg

33D43F86-8D6E-4C56-8126-C9D1BA15524C.jpeg
I seem to have a plug missing and the light seems glued in..the new light in pictures I sent sorry to be thick but where does it attach at the back off the light.

Thanks for your advice.

Edited by DeanVRS20VT
Corrected formatting.
  • Love it! 1

1 hour ago, Chrissss said:

Hi stratosg 

thanks for the pictures I really appreciate it. I followed your instructions. I seem to have a plug missing and the light seems glued in..the new light in pictures I sent sorry to be thick but where does it attach at the back off the light. Thanks for your advice.

chris

77C65D0A-D59D-49D4-8955-EC0B48AF9274.jpeg

33D43F86-8D6E-4C56-8126-C9D1BA15524C.jpeg 

Well this seems to be the inner part of the light and I think that you have to follow @kentphil1's advice and follow the workshop's instructions.

If there are no screws, I assume that you might have to warm the whole unit and try to open it gently and replace the faulty part. Then just clean the glue residues and apply some windshield glue or any other silicone alike glue.

I just happened to replace the whole third brake light as a complete unit from a scrapped car and not partially. I am really sorry for my inconvenience. 

Stratos

Edited by stratosg
  • Thanks 1

Hi thanks for the great advice.

the light in the photos is a brand new replacement and was very expensive for what it is. I’m ok doing a service, brakes but when comes to lights I just seem to **** it up..I’m just wondering do I take it out and glue the replacement in there. I can’t find any video on it. Plus I don’t want to pay a garage. I had turbo recently fitted and the price hurt a lot.

Any advice greatly appreciated

chris

On 24/08/2022 at 14:43, Chrissss said:

the light in the photos is a brand new replacement and was very expensive for what it is. I’m ok doing a service, brakes but when comes to lights I just seem to **** it up..I’m just wondering do I take it out and glue the replacement in there. I can’t find any video on it. Plus I don’t want to pay a garage. I had turbo recently fitted and the price hurt a lot.

chris

May i ask what turbo brand did you use? 

By the way take a look around at the scrap yards to find a third brake light unit in a low price. 

• Like 1

chris

3 hours ago, stratosg said:

May i ask what turbo brand did you use? 

By the way take a look around at the scrap yards to find a third brake light unit in a low price. 

Hi Stratosg

good question. I don’t know. it’s original 

skoda part..I’ll go have a look and get back to you. I already have a new light for £278 cheeky that price..

I am just having trouble replacing it.

chris

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello, sorry to resurrect an old post, I'm after a replacement centre brake light for my mk 1 vrs estate and can't for the life of me find one! Noticed the OP thanked nige8021 for helping source a replacement, any chance I could be pointed in the right direction for one please! 

• 5 weeks later...

I don't recall where I suggested to get a replacement but eBay would be my first place to check or if your OK with a soldering iron you might be able to replace the surface mounted LED's again source them from eBay 

• Like 1