Travel assist unavailable alarm

Karoqster

• 4 months later...

Picked up my 2022 Karoq last week and now get the same beeping 2-3 times a minute. It seems that I can trigger it when I grab the wheel at certain positions. 

After years of older cars I was really looking forward of having an newer one with all the gizmos. Like the car in general but the constant beeping make this undriveable at the moment.

I also have watched and read a lot of reviews on this car but weirdly never noticed this as a common error. Looking at the forum though it seems like a lot of people have this (Skoda, VW, Seat, Cupra) and up to the newest VW ID cars.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/10/2023 at 23:18, ChrisSo said:

Picked up my 2022 Karoq last week and now get the same beeping 2-3 times a minute. It seems that I can trigger it when I grab the wheel at certain positions. 

After years of older cars I was really looking forward of having an newer one with all the gizmos. Like the car in general but the constant beeping make this undriveable at the moment.

I also have watched and read a lot of reviews on this car but weirdly never noticed this as a common error. Looking at the forum though it seems like a lot of people have this (Skoda, VW, Seat, Cupra) and up to the newest VW ID cars.

I've had this for over a year on my 2021 Kodiaq.  My (now EX) dealership sat on the issue for 10 months until it came around to service time and they wanted my business.

I'm going elsewhere and escalating again.  1 year left on the warranty so the clock is ticking..............

On 24/10/2023 at 23:18, ChrisSo said:

Check your VIN on this Skoda Australia website: VIN Checker | ŠKODA Australia (skoda.com.au)

This has been a common problem for VAG cars for years, but the Service Campaign 48S5 seems to have cured it for me with a software update. Previous attempts by replacing steering wheels were not a long-term solution.

Chris

16 hours ago, CJJE said:

Check your VIN on this Skoda Australia website: VIN Checker | ŠKODA Australia (skoda.com.au)

This has been a common problem for VAG cars for years, but the Service Campaign 48S5 seems to have cured it for me with a software update. Previous attempts by replacing steering wheels were not a long-term solution.

Chris

Great tip and indeed my car shows up and requiring the 48S5 service campaign for the "S-Assistance systems camera control unit".

I will call a Skoda Garage nearby and book the car in for this service campaign.

Regards,