Virtual Cockpit - Fuel Gauge Not Resetting after Fuelling

Auberne

Hi. I hope this is an easy one. I have a brand new (4 month old) Kodiaq with a virtual cockpit and filled her up recently when at around 30 miles remaining in the tank. Filled up the tank with around £90 of unleaded and drove the remaining 10+ miles home fine. When I got in the car this morning, the fuel gauge is on red and it says I have 10 miles remaining in the tank. Is this an issue that can be fixed without disconnecting the battery (as advised by Skoda servicing), or taking it in for a check?

Can I drive it around? I doubt I could even get to my local Skoda dealer with the fuel gauge as it is

Could the pump have charged me £90 and put no fuel in (is that even a thing?). I felt the fuel go in and there was some spillage when I removed the nozzle.

What happens when the gauge reaches zero?

Thank. Aub 

Edited by Auberne

VAG cars are being released with crappy software, but that being said it could be the tank sensor has failed (most likely it would seem?)

Take your car now to a garage and top the tank up, if it takes lots to fill then you will know the first garage has an issue with pump, if it takes say £20 or such, then you know the tank is now full.

At zero range the car will keep going, it's an indicator only.

Tip, hold down power button for radio until it restarts, it's got tenticles everywhere.

Edited by varooom

• john999boy changed the title to Virtual Cockpit - Fuel Gauge Not Resetting after Fuelling

Thanks for the advise. All sorted after roadside assistance came round and did a reset / battery disconnect. Fired up with 420 miles on the gauge.

As an aside, he popped the bonet and my vehicle has no engine cover on it. Just the wiring looms exposed and the 4 mounts for the missing cover. Is that normal. He reckoned not...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Auberne said:

As an aside, he popped the bonet and my vehicle has no engine cover on it. Just the wiring looms exposed and the 4 mounts for the missing cover. Is that normal. He reckoned not...

It is actually but I can't remember what the reason is for its removal 

There will be an update and replacement in due course though.

• Like 1

If you don’t trust the fuel gauge, then just treat it like a bike and reset the trip meter after filling up.

(I’ve never met a fuel pump that didn’t give me what it said on the pump)

Then you’ll know you can drive 400 to 500 miles before filling up again.