high pitched noise

Im having the same problem with the noise and it as you said starts at about 100kph+ it must be picking up air wrongly somewhere? Anybody got the issue located perhaps?

Still no answer even tried massive fan put in front of car sort of rudimental wind tunnel but no noise like you loosing the will to live everywhere at 50mph or 60 plus with the radio turned up to LOUD

2 minutes ago, osprey6500 said:

Still no answer even tried massive fan put in front of car sort of rudimental wind tunnel but no noise like you loosing the will to live everywhere at 50mph or 60 plus with the radio turned up to LOUD

Have you tried taping the front of the hood or maybe changing the front door seals as per comments said in the youtube video? Thinking about doing that if it helps i will report.

Hi guys. To everyone who has had this issue: has you any of you had a chance to check whether the sound system is causing this whistle?

I know it sounds borderline absurd, but I had the same whistle right when I bought the car and drove it home (500 km/ ~300 mi). First I thought it was something with the gears and I even had the impression that the sound went away if I pressed the clutch. 

I finally got tired of listening to the whistle and my music at the same time, so I turned off my Bolero system. The whistle went away completely. 

Same thing happened after stopping for gas, on the same day. Turned off the sound and it went way again. Hasn't happened again after that first day. 

• 8 months later...

I too have a high frequency whistle from my Octavia mk2. 

It's constant, even when the engine is off. It seems to be coming from behind the drivers side back panel of the boot. I turned the key in the ignition, nothing, like the battery was dead. Strange. I turned again, the engine started but so did the noise. It doesn't fluctuate with revs or engine speed. Any suggestions?