Anyone bought the Cruz roof bars for a Mark 3 Fabia - I must be doing something wrong....

.... they can't be that shoddy? 

Instructions are crap, different sized feet for the front and rear and no instructions on which is front or rear, there's 2 holes on the car where I assume the expensive skoda bars fit, the Cruz ones just have one peg so does it matter which hole and does that affect how the bar sits in the frame of the door when shut? 

Really struggling with this.

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/roofbars/cruz_optiplus_120cm_roof_bars_2_no_st_120_921_310_/Qx%40w%2C6M4gNax5vN1Yv0vegd3uHKClPkQYUDS1%40ZwrhrVzg1cH1LNLTs`f6vf3xRAH

• Crying 1

I had them on my Corsa.  Still to touch up the damage when i took them off.

What a total PITA and much as they will be for you and the Fabia.

There is very much a front and rear bracket.  But you need to find if you are correct when tension is on the bars.

I had a peg front and rear. 

If not pegs on all four i would say the peg goes to the front.

The bars never did seem to sit right until really really screwed down with the Socket Spanned to the point i thought the threads would strip.

All the best, they are not worth the hassle. 

DSCN0012.JPG.1849af736a1b5b6a8199f1a55e10ff5f.jpeg

DSCN5498.JPG.1869c69d1724ad9433a63bad90f4c403.jpeg.9ea4324a2085e684a55daaf75567b2d8.jpeg

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

thanks for the reply, they really are an arse to fit, think i have the all correct now but Christ they are hassle. 

Looking about thouugh even the expensive sets seem similar!

Last time I had a gutterless car it had the slots in the roof you just moved the plastic and clamped them on. Skoda should have kept to the simply clever but they didn't it appears in this case. 

Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

I don't know as I've never had or fitted roof bars on any car but I've got a feeling slots or nuts/fixings were an extra or needed specifying - but I could well be wrong as I was going on the factory/order(?) spec for my wife's car that she bought second hand / used (but doubtful it was "pre-loved" as it was some sort of Dealership original purchase).

Edited by nta16