1.0 TSI Cam Belt change

MATT1

My Rapid Spaceback is now 5 years old and only done 19000 miles. I have been advised it needs a cam belt change but I am getting different prices  to do this from different dealers. It’s still under warranty and the website says it’s only recommended but if it breaks I’m sure Skoda would not honour the warranty.

I thought Skoda had fixed price servicing but I have been told not all dealers subscribe to this which is new to me. I have been quoted from £549 to £749. I am really confused what to do any ideas.

There are fixed price Servicing and Maintenance prices at Participating Dealers.

But this year there is on the website , Price on applications.

?

What kind of warranty have you and how long is that for?

At least the job done now at a Main Dealership should come with a 2 year part and labour guarantee on their work.

A 1.0TSI Cambelt replacement is something that is not quite straight forward. Well it is to those with the gear and more than ideas.

You are just going to have to ask the Service Desk staff to confirm their price for the job on your particular engine. 

Check they are not quoting including the water pump, but it will be with a new tensioner & idlers.

http://skoda.co.uk/owners/servicing-maintenance-fixed-price

http://mechanexpert.com/timing-belt-replacement-on-mk7-golf-1-0-tsi

Edited by roottoot

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. The warranty is valid until next April and its a Skoda warranty as I purchased the car on PCP. I'm still getting different prices quoted and different dealers giving different information as one said they would replace the water pump as well and another saying it was on the opposite side of the engine and it wouldn't be changed. I'm very confused with it all. I had an issue at last years service with them trying to charge for things that should have been included which Skoda agreed with and refunded me and I'm trying not to be in this situation again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/10/2022 at 21:48, camelspyyder said:

Is it a compulsory change at 5 years, or after a condition check?

In all Skoda literature it actually says recommended which the franchise also said. If it breaks it will do serious damage to the engine and I’m sure Skoda would turn around and say it should have been changed at 5 years or 60,000 miles whichever is soonest.

Edited by MATT1