Engine Management Light and Adblue

Hi 

New to the forum and wondered if anyone else had the same issue as I am having. Engine management light has came on a few months a go. Took car to the dealership and they said it was an issue with the Adblue sensor. They re-set it and test drove the car 20 miles. The light came on again last week and took it in again. They now claim after looking at it that I have over filled it with Adblue which is not covered by the warranty and want nearly £400 to drain, recalibrate the sensor and fill to 80% to see if it fixes the problem. The car has done 35k miles, in warranty and I only fill the tank when The dash told me to, which is rare and never overfill it. 

any advice / help would be appreciated. 

Welcome.

There is a default position at Dealerships. 

It is to blame the driver for overfilling. Without evidence or proof of any kind. 

The issue is one that they might never have seen or heard of other than when they have a driver to blame.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/446243-adblue

http://briskoda.net/478892-adblue-top-up

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/402452-adblue-issue

Edited by roottoot
  • Thanks 1

Some dealerships are bad, have poorly trained staff, and treat customers as mugs.

Go back to them, ask what quantity would be overfilling when needs adblue warning, then say that’s less than on my adblue receipt so how did it get overfilled, or was the sensor you previously looked out not fixed properly.

Then ask them if they failed to fix previously why does that mean no longer covered by warranty. Or is not under warranty in this circumstance an error on their part.

Don’t be surprised if the telephone person cannot find anyone in whole dealership that knows the overfill quantity (the technical section of Octavia brochure says adblue tank holds 13.35 litres)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Maz2022 said:

The car has done 35k miles

You say you have a 2020 model and have done 35k miles, are you sure you have an Octavia 4 as I suspect you may have an Octavia 3 (if you have then you've posted in the wrong forum).

Would help if could post a picture of your Octavia estate so we can identify it correctly.

On 08/10/2022 at 17:27, PetrolDave said:

You say you have a 2020 model and have done 35k miles, are you sure you have an Octavia 4 as I suspect you may have an Octavia 3 (if you have then you've posted in the wrong forum).

Would help if could post a picture of your Octavia estate so we can identify it correctly.

Mine is a 2020 and a mk4 they released they as early as July 2020 which mine is the first edition model 

• Like 1