Alarm going off when I lock it

Hi all, had my skoda 5 years now and as far as I’m aware the alarm has never worked , get to a funeral, alarm goes off when I lock the car with key fob or by inserting key , checked all the doors, bonnet etc etc , goes off every time I lock the car 🤦🤦 first time I’ve heard it since owning the car … and now I don’t want to hear it lol and I’ve tried the internal sensor , lights up but does not stop it 

any suggestions happily received thx 

Probably a wiring fault.

Disable the internal motion sensor and leave 1 door open at a time including boot and bonnet then lock as normal until you see a difference, it may point you in the right direction.

Does it go off immediately you lock it or after a short wait? If the latter then it has set the alarm system to active but then picks up the fact that one of the sensors shows an alarm condition such as an open boot.

Before and after you lock the car, check the dash display for an open door, boot or bonnet icon.

@pikpilot

Is there a door open warning indicator without maxidot?

In any case if a door is not properly closed the indicators won't flash upon locking indicating so, the properly closed doors will lock as normal.

On 19/10/2022 at 11:06, Breezy_Pete said:

Try removing cabin fuse 35 and see if it still goes off.

Yes I have done this , the car does not need an alarm and has not worked in 5 years or so of owning it so yes removed the fuse and no more alarms going off 👍

• Like 1

Thanks all , no door or boot lights on , car is proper old and worn out these days ,  never known the alarm to work since I had it so have removed the fuse so can lock the car without waking the neighbours lol 

10 hours ago, Shacky13 said:

Thanks all , no door or boot lights on , car is proper old and worn out these days ,  never known the alarm to work since I had it so have removed the fuse so can lock the car without waking the neighbours lol 

I suspect the problem is that the alarm module has a dud internal battery, particularly if it was not changed since new.

With the fuse in place it will get a supply from the car and give an alarm to indicate it is faulty.